Summoner Spells for Dominion?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iSe7eNz

Recruiter

08-28-2012

Recently I've been wondering what were the "best" or most popular summoner spells to use for Dominion. I barely play it, mainly SR, so my Dominion Elo is pretty low, which means most other players in my games probably don't know the best or most popular ones either. I mainly used to run Ghost/Ignite or something like that, but apparently Revive is really popular? I just want to know what are the most optimal ones, are they for everyone in general, or they role specific (like in SR, Flash is for everyone really, Smite jungle, Ignite top/mid/ADC, Exhuast jungle/support etc). Thanks.

Archlord Azezo

08-28-2012

Ghost is not bad, but because of game mechanics ghost+speed shrine, is not as big a boost as you think, and don't get as much out of it.

Ignite is not bad for champs with lifesteal/sustain, but one maybe two per team is usually enough, most people use Exhaust over it, (save friends and still kill enemys)

Flash is not as good on dom, faster respawns means dieing is not as big a problem and chances are even if you flash there might be another gap closer waiting.

Revive is really popular because even though respawns are fast, dom is a numbers game, and revives ups your number by one, die at windmill fight? revive run back essentially an unofficial 5v4, (people will die or be wounded making clean easier up with full health ) Died bottom? run back and chase off the enemy from capping.

^ works best when others use it, one lone revive may not change the game, but if your going bottom definitely even if your the only one.

Heal is not bad but situational dose not help that dom reduces healing.

Clarity passive Mana reg is high you shouldn't need this, buy a chalice.

CV/smite, no don't do it.

Garrison, very strong either buffs your tower or debuff enemy's, if a big wave of mini's are coming to your tower use garrison as soon as they start to cap, using it at the last second will cause the tower to go neutral and waste the garrison. (it will disappear)

^ usually bot lane and one of the 4 top lanes bring one each for a total of 2.

iSe7eNz

Recruiter

08-28-2012

Okay, so Revive is similar to Flash, as in it's an all-around strong pick, generally one bot/one top gets Garrison, and the other three people top get Exhaust, or situationally Ignite/Heal? Sounds fairly straight forward to me, thanks .

lbgsloan

08-28-2012

Exhaust is generally better in blind pick than ignite, simply because you have no idea if the enemy comp justifies running one; you want ignite mainly if you need the healing debuff on Dominion, not the damage.

Azezo left out Promote, which is understandable since its a bad spell in all game modes. Don't run promote, Garrison is better for pushing back a minion wave and offensively the impact of the super minion just isn't great enough to waste a slot on.

TakoyakiGunso

08-28-2012

If you do decide to take up revive, you absolutely need to take the one point mastery for the spell under the defense tree (it's in the first tier). Otherwise you won't get the nice speed boost that will let you get back into where the fight was quickly.

FeanorAlmighty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakoyakiGunso View Post
If you do decide to take up revive, you absolutely need to take the one point mastery for the spell under the defense tree (it's in the first tier). Otherwise you won't get the nice speed boost that will let you get back into where the fight was quickly.
This a thousand times.

Vesh

Game Designer

08-28-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

You generally won't see a featured/high elo dom game without all 10 players running revive. In the context of top, being able to reinforce your team after dying with a fast revive could make or break the opening fight. In the context of bottom, if you die in lane (due to being ganked or careless) then unless you have revive you will lose your point if someone doesn't come help from top, which weakens the top point. (Obviously there are exceptions to this, but I'm speaking of the general case)

Yousonerfed

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
You generally won't see a featured/high elo dom game without all 10 players running revive. In the context of top, being able to reinforce your team after dying with a fast revive could make or break the opening fight. In the context of bottom, if you die in lane (due to being ganked or careless) then unless you have revive you will lose your point if someone doesn't come help from top, which weakens the top point. (Obviously there are exceptions to this, but I'm speaking of the general case)
So Revive is overpowered. What's the plan to deal with that, Riot? Running 10 Revives sounds REALLY stale.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2012

Flash in SR have been taking 10 slots every game and Riot Didn't do much, so clearly Riot isn't against a summoner spell being dominant.

The question is not if Revive is Op or not, but if it makes the gameplay better or worse. I'm in the worse side (Specially for the effects it has on the bot lane)

Vesh

Game Designer

08-28-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
Flash in SR have been taking 10 slots every game and Riot Didn't do much, so clearly Riot isn't against a summoner spell being dominant.

The question is not if Revive is Op or not, but if it makes the gameplay better or worse. I'm in the worse side (Specially for the effects it has on the bot lane)

[Disclaimer: I am not a designer and do not have any context on what makes a mechanic fun or antifun. The following is a personal opinion as a dominion player, and my opinion has absolutely no effect on what the designers do with the Crystal Scar]

I think it's more fun to get a second chance after messing up bottom than it is antifun to have someone revive after you kill them. It would be immensely frustrating if a single play error cost you bottom lane in the early game. It would have drastic effects on how the top fight develops if your teammates have to recap bot before the 450 mark.