Riot: A serious "Boobs" thread.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Havy whopons gai

Senior Member

09-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violents View Post
Dude, I never ever get tired of seeing scantily clad chicks. I'm not dead yet, I won't tire of looking at women until I die, and that's a fact.

And the ridiculousness of the the bolded part, for sure. You're a liar, as well as an idiot.
just look at porn then god****

and no, it wasn't interesting watching women run around in chainmail bikinis on a battlefield especially when somewhat sensible dress manages to be far more attractive compared to herp derp durr hurr running around like a themepark prostitute


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shamgar86

Member

09-18-2010

Thank you for this thread!

This is just one fan requesting that Riot chill out on the sexual presentation of their champs.

This poster and the OP crystallized many of my thoughts eloquently:

Gale *******http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/lol_theme/img/unknown_icon.jpg******** ?? *******http://riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws.com/forum/ui/avatar_right_orb_blue.png******** Senior Member

Yesterday, 07:21 AM
People don't like it cause it's the same thing over and over. It would be about the same as if every male character was as buff as Trynd and had a bulge between their legs. It's just over sexulization and some people are getting tired of it in games.

Thank you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Korlee

Senior Member

09-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Darena View Post
Thanks. To me, the forums aren't like the chat rooms in the game. You come here to actually talk about things, not flail or spout your mental garbage at people. Sadly, I'm one of a very few people who feel this way in general. Most people seem to think the internet as a whole is just some virtual barf bag you vomit your disgusting thoughts into, not caring who gets splattered with them. :-\
I agree completely on what you are saying. Sadly a good majority of people take the internet as not just a joke but a chance to do things that in real life away from the net would get them a broken nose. Since they can never be hurt and there is a lack of consequence online they be total ****s. Because there is no way in hell they'd go outside shout or look anyone in the face and get away with the ****. They don't have the balls plus someone would retaliate and then they'd cower in fear.

It is sad really how many trolls exist online. Heck, they can even support a whole site with their stupidity called 4chan.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RJJ7

Senior Member

09-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Um, are you saying that Soraka is a stereotyped huge-boobed girl designed for se* appeal? (She was mentioned in this thread)
Mildly, yes. She's got a strip of cloth down her front. Other than that, not much. It's just not as obvious because of her pose and skin markings. See three points down for further on this topic.


Quote:
Malzahar, Shen, and Xin have no more "creatively designed character models" than any of the females. Malzahar's a dark floating mage? Morgana's a dark angel mage. Shen's a ninja? Akali's a ninja. Xin's a Chinese dude with a spear? Nidalee's a jungle chick with a spear.
Malzahar's a dark floating mage? Morgana's a dark angel mage that is sexed up. Shen's a ninja? Akali's a ninja that's sexed up. Xin's a Chinese dude with a spear? Nidalee's a jungle chick with a spear that's sexed up.

No one (to my knowledge) has said that Riot has poor backstory or ideas for their females.

The issue is that Riot seems to be operating under the impression that every female must be smashingly good looking, scantily clad, and have large and noticeable breasts.

Are any of the male characters given a list of qualifications they must meet? No. (other than being male, obviously). Their body style ranges from big, broad shouldered Garen to light and agile Yi. Their clothing varies from bare chested Tryndamere, who obviously doesn't care what he's wearing, to the fancily dressed Twisted Fate and Vladamir, who could be considered dandies. And you've got a range in between.

Now, there is a range with the female characters. Not everyone is dressed like Eve. But it is only half the range exhibited by the males. Why? And why is it wrong to question that?

I understand people who don't care. But why should it offend you that other people do? Must everyone hold the same values as you? Are you just scared that you might not get to look at so many scantily clad women? What's the issue? I would like to see the same range of clothes that I see on the males, on a range of women whose body type varies as well.

That's not to say I want ugly champions. Guys have variations in clothes and body style while all still being good looking, why can't girls? Have we, as a society, come to define good looking for women as a tiny subset of possibilities? I don't think so. I can think of all sorts of costumes and faces that would be beautiful without belonging to the horde of females being discussed.


(also of note is that the most sexed male champion, Tryndamere, has 1 skin. And that 1 skin completely removes his stereotyped masculine big, bare chest. There isn't a single female for which the same could be said).

Quote:
I agree that Miss Fortune and Eve (all two of the female characters that are actually sexualized in their appearance) aren't average athletic types. Neither are Tryndamere and Ryze (also sexualized in appearance). This is a fantasy game. The characters aren't going to be average.
Then how do you explain that Xin is? Other than his hair and giant spear, that is.

Or Shen? Other than his blue armor and face paint.

Point being: Male heroes are made non-average by giving them unique foibles, gear, and occupation. Apparently that's not enough for women. It would be impossible to have a non-average female hero who isn't scantily clad.


Quote:
The only women that deserve to be regarded as stereotyped, big breasted, slim-waisted girls designed for se* appeal are MF and Evelyn, with the possibility of Morgana, Janna, Sivir, and Katarina as well. The last four aren't at all sexualized other than their vaguely revealing clothing, and in extra skins.
Why is it that scantily clad women are the norm in fantasy? It started with marketing to se* appeal to the predominantly male gaming audience. Therefore, scantily clad women are sexuilized women with the intent of marketing to a specific audience. That they have become the norm doesn't suddenly make them NOT sexuilized. That would be like saying that because tax increases have become the norm, that we no longer have tax increases.

Quote:
You also all forgot Nasus, who has the body type of a totally ripped muscular dude.

I could understand this thread if it was a call for more champions like Kog'Maw, Cho'gath, Anivia; the non-humanoids, because those are some pretty cool, creatively designed champions. But claiming that all the female character designs are "uncreative" because they have noticeable breasts is just ridiculous.
Nasus is not a continuation of se* marketing because he has no appeal because he is so alien (at least, I hope he has no appeal; if things have gone so far in society that people don't care what it is as long as it's got ****, we're doomed)

As to the second, yeah. It is uncreative. Suppose every guy in the game had a chest and costume very like Tryndamere. Would that be uncreative? Yeah. Now suppose every girl has a chest and costume similar to Morgana. Would that be uncreative? Oh wait, we already have it.

Not quite, but the vast majority do, if you discount Yordles and kids.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiljas

Senior Member

09-18-2010

you cant nerf boobs.....get over it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uccisore

Senior Member

09-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJJ7 View Post
I understand people who don't care. But why should it offend you that other people do? Must everyone hold the same values as you? Are you just scared that you might not get to look at so many scantily clad women? What's the issue? I would like to see the same range of clothes that I see on the males, on a range of women whose body type varies as well.
Offend? Putting 'offense' in other people's mouths is a power play. It says the things you've said to them are strong, and they've been injured by them. No.

The opening post of this thread is specifically saying that Riot is doing something wrong, something they should be ashamed of, because of the way they make their females look. That is NOT a simple matter of taste or 'different strokes', he's on the war path, and obviously people who disagree are doing to speak up and defend Riot.

IF you want to see some different looking females, fine. Obviously fine, in fact. No issue or disagreement at all. There's things I want to see too- a snake champ, a monster-summoner, a dinosaur. All kinds of things.

But I'M not creating a big post insinuating that Riot is doing something shameful by not making champs the way I want them to look. The OP is. Are you?


Quote:
Have we, as a society, come to define good looking for women as a tiny subset of possibilities?
Ah, it appears so. This isn't just about what you want to see, it's about 'society'. There's a 'cause' here, and Riot is obligated to 'support' the cause.

NO.

That is why people are raging against this, not because they don't want you to have the ideas you'd like implemented.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zenbear

Senior Member

09-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havy whopons gai View Post
just look at porn then god****

and no, it wasn't interesting watching women run around in chainmail bikinis on a battlefield especially when somewhat sensible dress manages to be far more attractive compared to herp derp durr hurr running around like a themepark prostitute
I both agree and disagree with you sexual appeal naysayers. First off I feel that female warriors really do need to wear less clothing and armor as they tend to be more agile fighters and thus need less restrictive clothing on the other hand I also believe that they all don't need large breasts as woman who generally get lots of excercise tend to have less fat thus they have less in their chest area. Mages on the other hand can wear whatever they please but again on the other hand I'm fine with them having large breasts because they don't excercise as much.

Meh just my two cents.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiljas

Senior Member

09-18-2010

im pretty sure they do need large brests


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tram

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyClaw View Post
Picture some of the most bizzare and creative champs: Urgot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyClaw View Post
They're humanoid but not human, they don't mimic real male bodies, and they certainly aren't attractive.
I disagree


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WarlordLucifer

Senior Member

09-18-2010

saying this yet again

Human females>male females>monstruous>midget champs.

worst thing about urgot was how it looked like, voice acting was fine tho.