Cho'gath!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Cho LoL

04-03-2014

as you might be able to divine from my name, I tend to play this champion almost every game, and after well over 3000 games with this champion alone, and grinding diamond with him, I'd like to give some feedback to riot, in regards to his kit and place in the current meta.

I have no intention to discourage anyone from playing my favorite champion, this is just my waxings on how to make the champion more fun, not>>> "THIS CHAMP SUCKS YOU NEED TO FIX HIM!!!". <<<not

Passive - His sustain passive is nice for lane, but could be dramatically improved. compared to other passives that work "on kill or assist" (varus/jinx) or "on minion or monster death" (trundle) this one requires that you personally do the killing, and gives no extra reward based on the strength of the thing killed. There's no bonus power for killing a champion or large monter. Trundle's passive is much more intuitive, and even so, is still a passive based on accomplishing a kill, instead of something more combat oriented.
TLDR: passives that help you fight > ones that snowball fights > ones that buff your other abilities > yawn... > everything else

Q (rupture) - This ability needs serious work imo. It's a good spell, a very strong one in theory, but in practice, it never hits anything. This spell is something I tend to use more to zone than to actually attempt to hit anyone. If it hits something it's going to ruin their day, but the odds of it hitting in the current meta are VERY small.
Also the cast time on it, is just aweful. It's such a slow cast and activation that if you're in trouble, you are usually better off to just run than to even try to stop people from chasing you with this spell. How is this type of gameplay fun?
TLDR:Everything in this game casts spells while moving now, except for a very select few champs, and cho is one of them. This spell is VERY easy to out-play, and extremely difficult to land, making it fun to use only as a player who is vastly more experienced and skilled than his target.

W (silence) - mmmmmmm... this spell is kinda strong... but you still have to hold still to cast it, and it's obvious to see it coming. Imo this spell is kinda balanced.

E (vorpal spikes) - A nice ability that reminds me of tiamat/hydra. If cho were to get a buff to his Q, eh, leave vorpals as they are. If not, it'd be nice to make vorpals able to synergize more with a hybrid style build with trinity force. It'd be cool to give a reward for being melee with cho instead of just only shooting spells and CC spamming things so you can run up and press R then run away. AD scaling in addition to AP scaling on this ability would be nice, since it's melee anyway, or even give a little cooldown reduction on other abilities based on how many enemy champions you hit with vorpal spikes.
TLDR:It'd be nice to have a soraka Q (CDR portion) effect on this ability, or at least AD scaling to give a little more options.

R (omnomnom move) - This ability has a really nice passive, but it takes a lot of work to get it to a strong level, which makes it decently fair. The damage active is what makes such a tremendous amount of work for the passive fair. The punishment for dying is too much atm, it discourages selfless team play TREMENDOUSLY!!! One mistake from your teammates can mean you are going to have an aweful time trying to get back into the game, and that's REALLY not fun.
I think this ability also has a nice place to input something that cho needs, a gap closer. If this ability had a 400 units range dash to target, that'd make him a lot more viable on any team comp.
TLDR: Needs to not lose as many stacks on death, and needs a gap closer effect (a 60 second cooldown gap closer [with modest range... like 400] that doesn't CC anything is NOT much to ask for)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Cho LoL

04-03-2014

It'd be nice to get riot feedback on this, cho is one of the most ignored champions in this game.