Who are the best solo tops right now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DittoBlaze

08-27-2012

title says it all

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2012

Malphite Riven Kennen Vladimir Rumble Yorick Shen Irelia Jax Olaf Nidalee.

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2012

generally, as ken has said, the best solo tops right now have the strong ability to sustain and harass, have a good form of cc and constant damage output (reliable) and have good mobility.
generally the most banned solo's right now are malphite (because of his tankyness, great cc, good laning phase and AS debuff which counters the meta of ad bruiser top, ad jungler and ad bot) and shen (because of his great sustain and harass, game changing ultimate which can turn fights around, especially great for solo queue, cc and tankyness.)
An uncommon but great pick imo is yorick. He has great harass, sustain a small cc, not alot though ,tanky lategame and his ability to simply contribute to a lategame teamfight by ulting his AD carry.

Basically what ken has said but these are some in more detail.

GGWP BestNautNA

08-28-2012

what ken said. I would also add WW and Jarvan to the list.

BT1990

08-28-2012

Cho'Gath is also a solid pick.
Sustain,tanky and much CC

Ootter

08-28-2012

I solo top a lot, one of my favorite spots. I play up top mostly; Rumble, Jayce, Nasus, Yorick, Cho, Olaf, Jax, Vlad....also i find a lot of the AP mids are great as solo top versus a lot of the Anti bruiser tops...so if you see someone pick Darius for instance....which seems to be common....grab our favorite burst champ and i walk all over him even if he stacks mr.

Resilga

08-28-2012

You guys are just mentioning all viable solo tops. The best, I would say, is the one that has the fewest counters.

i.e. yorick, darius, rumble, irelia.

A short list. I don't honestly know if they are the best but I know that all of them are difficult for most champions and have few to no hard counters that regularly play top lane.

Ootter

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resilga View Post
You guys are just mentioning all viable solo tops. The best, I would say, is the one that has the fewest counters.

i.e. yorick, darius, rumble, irelia.

A short list. I don't honestly know if they are the best but I know that all of them are difficult for most champions and have few to no hard counters that regularly play top lane.
Actually i find darius to be a counter to irelia and rumble, or atleast what i have played of him and them.

Luxiere

08-28-2012

Yorick, Irelia, Jax, Riven, Darius, Malphite, Shen, Vlad, Kennen, Rumble

SchimbareApto

09-14-2012

Jax, IMO. he has such great potential no matter what. He will either carry his own baggage, or carry his whole teams.