I Stop 4 v 5s. Am I right or wrong?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

08-31-2012

(I knew this was Dominion, I was just speaking in generalities; the examples using SR were because I feel roles are even less clear in Dominion imo than in Summoner's Rift, at least from my experience, so if it doesn't work in SR where you could get a clear role to role comparison... I suppose that wasn't nearly as clear as it could have been.)

Part of my issue with promoting the idea of having someone afk to 'even out' games, is that it also promotes the idea that leaving isn't really that bad, someone on the other team will just afk.

irott

08-31-2012

Panzer, Sylph... you guys realize you are posting in the Dominion forum right?

If you lose your ADC here it doesn't really matter. You are either top or bottom and unless you can completely overpower a 3v4 teamfight or just backdoor your way to victory a 4v5 is almost a guaranteed loss.

Edit: Uggh Ninjad. Should have known you knew your stuff

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

08-31-2012

Don't worry about questioning us, we're not all knowing.

Especially since I realized afterwards that it definitely was a bit unclear. I'm a bit distracted since I'm going over possible interview questions/relevant information (assuming of course I get an interview...)

NamKim

08-31-2012

I like that Vesh posts here for multiple reasons.
1. A Rioter, even if he is not a designer but can only give his opinions as a fellow player, can still answer questions like this that involves the general stuff like reports or bans.
2. Threads goes to the Dev Tracker
3. Veterans like Panzerfaust, who I believe to be one of those guys who helps out a ton in the "New Player Forums" comes in an joins the conversation.
4. We know that Riot is not ignoring us so we feel happier even though he cannot tell us details about Dominion's current status.
5. Vesh pls
6. A Red and a Green enters into a thread, now it's Christmas.

Phourc

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
Part of my issue with promoting the idea of having someone afk to 'even out' games, is that it also promotes the idea that leaving isn't really that bad, someone on the other team will just afk.
I can understand where you're coming from on this one but leavers are stupidly prevalent at lower Elos of dominion, I believe I'm still around 1600 and I see one every 3-4 games.

So that combined with how absolutely game-ending most leavers are (I mean yes, I have been on some crappy teams that couldn't scrape up the teamwork to outplay people they outnumber, but these are by far the exception to the rule), I personally applaud the community trying to do something about it, misguided though it may perhaps be.

Also, actively discussing the morality on the forums is well, kinda neat too?

Dunno, that's just my thoughts.

MoozhMos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2012

You have noble intentions, but you're in the wrong game. Your top priority in league should be treating the other players with respect. Your second priority is to win. If you are sitting out intentionally in a game, you are not showing the other team respect, you are not showing your team respect, and you are making the game unfun for your team. do not forget that with four players on the other team, there is a larger gold distribution for them if they manage to take down all five players. it is an equalizer in these unfair situations - they build items faster to even the playing field, and you are taking that opportunity away from them.

If you were to do this in a game, whether you were on my team or against me, I would report you. I do not want to play with someone who refuses to give me their all and takes a "pity afk" stance.

Catches Axes

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
Is it a noble goal to want to balance the game? Sure. But at the end of the day it's probably a better player experience for everyone if you end the game and people can move on to the next one.
Follow this reasoning to the end. If it's really a better experience to just move on, why won't your system just let us move on? You can force us to play out up to 20 minutes of lopsided, boring, pointless gameplay when we have an early leaver. And yes, those early leavers often come back, but what happens to a time zero leaver who comes back 8 minutes in? They get stomped for free kill gold because they get one-shotted, and your team is worse off than if they didn't come back.

If you folks really believed that it was better to just end the game and move on when there's a leaver, you'd let us surrender earlier than 20 min when we had one.

(To be fair, yes, I'm aware that Vesh might just be in a minority at Riot, or they might want to do this and just not have the resources free at the moment...)

irott

09-01-2012

I have been lucky enough to not lose a 5v4 but I have won a couple of 4v5s. Mainly it is based on team comp, since some champs are op enough to function as two.

All in all, to the original poster, I would say that you are trying to do the "right" thing for the game but the game is not designed with rebalance system itself. You should not have to try and force your ideals on the system.

Try focusing on different tactics instead of just 4top 1 bot. Roam the whole time, try different builds... You might discover something else in that time.