I Stop 4 v 5s. Am I right or wrong?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FOODFOOD

08-28-2012

I've offered to do this a couple times, but my team has always threatened to report the **** out of me. I too would like to know whether this is ban-worthy. Maybe if it's mutual amongst your team?

I could see how, if you're a core role (like the only AP champ or the Tanky CCer) you need to play, but if you're Tryndamere and you already have a Jax or Xin, it's k.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2012

You are rigth the problem is how your teammates may take it, the Dom high players will usually go, like "omg what a gentleman he stands out to make the game fair, the world is happy :)", Most players will be like like "omfg what an idiot this was an eez 5v4 Win and he left, Report him, now i troll sell everything and go fight 1v4 then handicapp team cuz he left an eez win and it doesn't matter anymore cuz of leaver and it's jsut dominion [all]Report leaver for leaving eez win omfg" though, the later is the situation i get the most ,

ChaoticHypnotic

08-28-2012

I especially dislike the automatic 4v5 that I experience whenever a teammate picks Eve, Twitch, Shaco, or Sejuani.

In fact, I'd rather have an AFK so at least I know the enemy isn't being fed.

NamKim

08-28-2012

This is a complicated situation. So, I will say from the very beginning that this is just my opinion.

I do not think this is the right way to go. You understand that a leaver/afk can ruin the game for the team. The other team is probably angry that they have a leaver/afk. As far as your team is concern, you are a leaver/afk and just ruined their game.

We can ignore that fact that your action had good intentions because you and I both know that "good" and "bad" are very bias. The other team thinks you are doing good...or stupid... You think you are doing good. Your team thinks you are doing bad. As far as your team is concern, you are doing bad. If you get sent to the Tribunal, you are still guilty of leaving/afking. You were "toxic" and "ruined" the game for your team. "Toxic" and "ruined" are in quotes because you probably didn't. Your team are just a bunch of babies. But they still have reporting power and depending on who judges your case, you may be found guilty. I do not want a decent person like you being punished for something like this.

If you are in a pre-made with people who also has high morals like you. Then...you know...

Now, if the enemy team has a Jayce, Jax, Yorick, and Kassadin left. Then don't sit out the game. The other team deserves to be punished since they were not planning on winning this game through skill. They just wanted to faceroll the other team. They deserve the punishment...plus, a 4v5 against these four guys is not a disadvantage to them. If anything, the fifth on their team is probably like you. He just wanted to even out the playing field.

larkhill

08-28-2012

personally, i would much rather play the 4v5, end it quickly, and move on to a balanced 5v5.

nobody wins by playing a 4v4. this game was not made for it. you're simply dragging out what could have been a quick 10 minute win into a full game that just isnt very fun.

PCQWLUNF

08-29-2012

If I'm on the 5v4, I try to make sure we win, but I also try to let the other team get some kills so they can have a little fun. For example,

--Ignore the "this situation is dangerous" voice
--Run laps around the speed shrines in the middle and stop captures, but don't intervene right away in fights my teammates get in so that the enemy can get a couple kills.

Cryswar

08-29-2012

Uh. OP, I realize that you are trying to be fair and all

but I'd report you in a heartbeat for AFKing, and you would 100% deserve it.

fair or no you're still breaking summoner's code, and in an incredibly blatant way. Thumbs up for meaning well, though.

EMeta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2012

Meh, just play your best each match. 5v4s don't take terribly long, especially on Dom, and sometimes the 4 side still wins.

urmamasllama

08-29-2012

if you do so you can very easily be reported for assisting the enemy team

deepbluereason

08-29-2012

I would not hesitate to report you for doing this and would encourage everyone in the game to do so as well.