A Rengar Guide to Ganking and Jungling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheFinalAttempt

08-27-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7eZZVoOg4I&feature=plcp

Its my first ever commentary and guide, so please let me know what you think

Tigsen

08-27-2012

Okay, let me start off by saying thank you for spending the time to create a guide... if more people shared their knowledge as opposed to trolling the forums this community would be much more enjoyable than it tends to be.

So, now on to the critique, and I will try to keep this as constructive as possible:

• You suggest taking Q to start and E at 2nd level. I think your guide would be more helpful if you discussed what skills you were selecting for later levels and why.
  • You only very briefly touched upon suggested item builds, and in one of the higher level ganks you had in the video you specifically mention NOT building out the items you had, yet those are the same items you would build for an ADC which you mention at the start of the video having had great success with (sorry if I'm paraphrasing your words). So which is it... build as an ADC or build tanky when jungling with Rengar?
  • Don't curse (you drop an f-bomb in your video). There is really no need for it and if you ever want someone to let their younger kids watch your guide it will get more traction, in my opinion, if you're keeping your language clean.
  • How about discussing a bit more Rengar's passive and how to take best advantage of it (leaping from the bushes)?
  • How about discussing Rengar's ultimate a bit more and strategies surrounding it (like letting it fully charge your ferocity first and being able to leap while in stealth)?
  • What is the optimal use of the Q attack? Mentioning how Q resets your auto-attack timer so you can auto-attack, then immediately follow with a Q to maximize damage might be helpful (or is there a better way to do it that I haven't discovered yet)?

It just kind of struck me that this was a hybrid between a guide and just some video examples of how successful Rengar can be, with an emphasis on the latter as opposed to the former.

I do hope that some of these ideas might make their way into a future video guide. Again, it is highly commendable that you took the time to make anything, I hope you'll do more and will be able to improve on them as you gain experience making them.

Best of luck,
Tigsen

PS: Just as a suggestion: try taking vampiric sceptre as your first item and try maximizing Q then W then E for your first 3 levels. Start at blue, to get the cool down reduction, then take out wolves, wraiths, red, then gollums. Leave the gollums with 5 stacks of ferocity and go gank. You'll be lacking the speed from boots, but you should be around 80%+ health. Try a 21/9/0 mastery build with choices designed to maximize damage to and defense against minions and change out your AS reds for ArP. I'd really love to hear how well that setup and jungle course compares to what you're doing now?

TheFinalAttempt

08-27-2012

Thank you for your honest opinion. I will look into all that.

As a reply to your second statement about building him AD - What I meant was that Infinity Edge and the ADC style items aren't as successful as things like Hexdrinker which have some defense and still AD.

TheFinalAttempt

08-27-2012

Also, in reply to Tigsen again, I was assuming people know the basics of the champion, such as the abilities and what they do. So I was more focused on successful ganking.