Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Deciding What to Main

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Worldsworst

08-27-2012

A week or two ago I had a long streak of games playing solo top that I played really well in with a variety of different champs. Before this I always was maining mid, but in light of this I decided to switch over to top. Once I started playing top more often, I found myself not doing as well as when I only played it every so often. Now I don't really have a main role, I just kind of play whatever is open. I know that it would be better to main SOMETHING so I'll be more prepared to face more specific situations that I wouldn't normally come into so often. Would it be a better idea for me to keep playing around and getting a good feel for every lane or to just choose a main and stick with it no matter what?

Jesot

08-27-2012

I used to be a main support, but I've been everything lately as well. It's more fun that way and I don't feel like my play is suffering at all. Quite the opposite.

Judas Priest

08-27-2012

Just have fun, play whatever you like and your "main" will happen naturally.

Briareus

08-27-2012

I main whatever roll people don't copy paste into champ select upon entry.