Extracting particles?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS178836309a4467462363c

08-27-2012

Hello everybody! I am not sure if this is the right section to post in but w/e.
Any of you know if there is any way to extract the particles from the game? Like you know ppl extract 3d models and textures to make custom skins, but how do you edit the particles? I am not talking about recoloring or swapping, but manual editing the ones that are in game and making new ones from scratch.
I want to extract the particles and use them with something like FumeFX in Maya with the 3D model and make some "skin trailers", just like Riot did with the Pulsfire ezreal one.

Breakdown for those who don't know how it was made:
Riot had 3 3D models, the Ezreal model, the Fusion Core(backpack) and the Pulsfire Cannon(handgun), which have had particles(the scanner like way they appear and the blue "fire" comming out from the fusion core) applied on/around to make them look more realistic.

Looking forward for your answer.

Private Riem

08-27-2012

Most of the particles are texture files with transparency.
The most complex ones, like metal rammus, are completely different models with their own textures.

IS178836309a4467462363c

08-27-2012

If that's all then it would suck, because .dds files have low quality textures most times(in LoL), meaning that zoomed it would look terrible.
I was hoping to find something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c4WYzr30B0

LeMonarque

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Bump. I've been trying to figure this out lately and I'm still pretty confused on how to locate the files for skill particles