League of Ezreal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2012

Anyone look at the upcoming patch video? Truly some baffling decisions there, most of which is Ezreal's dominance.

They identified the biggest 3 AD carries as Ez, Corki, and Graves. They nerfed the **** out of Graves both base AS and AS-booster, then nerfed the **** out of Corki by making it take forever to get ammo so he can't harass.
Then onward to Ez....
They... BUFFED him by increasing his AP ratio on Essence Flux.
and BUFFED him by reducing mana cost on Mystic Shot!
and 'nerfed' him by bugfixing flux so its projectile doesn't hit outside its width.

As far as strategies go, I would think you either need to buy and learn Ez if you play Blind pick, or ironically don't worry about it if draft because he is gonna be permabanned.

I mean, I already see Ez all the freaking time in LoL, so once this patch goes live I would expect him to be everywhere.
Maybe they could make him the 1 champ that both sides can have a copy of, for fairness. :-)

TheDeFecto

08-27-2012

I wouldn't go as far as to say he's going to get parmabanned. Wait until the official patch notes come out and give them a read. Majority of the time the videos are posted as a taste of whats to come and not the full patch!

MiC Røsøft

08-27-2012

The reason why they fixed the damage on his W and buffed its AP ratio was in order to buff AP Ez and slightly nerf AD Ezreals that were maxing W in lane first. They wanted to buff Q in order to make more of an incentive to max it first instead of W, as he was originally intended to be played.

Ethri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2012

As DeFacto said... you don't know how much they are buffing or nerfing yet. For all you know they could reduce the mana cost by 1 mana and increase the ap ratio by 0.01.

thepantsparty

08-27-2012

They lowered the base damage on W and increased its AP ratio so that people who are actually building real amounts of AP wouldn't be nerfed. For normal AD Ezreal builds, where the only AP they have is from Sheen, the AP ratio increase won't offset the lowered base damage on W.

Whether they nerfed him as much as the other caries and whether Q really needed a buff to compensate is another issue, but the W change is a straight nerf for AD Ezreal.