Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Random Lag Spikes every game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WORST FRI3ND NA

10-10-2012

Same, been happening for two days. Tried everything I've found in the forums 99% sure it is not on my end.

Deprivedfish

10-11-2012

Riot's pre-occupied with their tournament and aren't giving us any needed info on why we're experiencing these lag spikes. We need to know for sure if its us or riot. This has been happening to alot of people in my area and we've had no issues like this before running the game smoothy and efficiently so I've come to a personal conclusion it must be on riots end. I as a long invested player and enthusiast just want to hear some kind of confirmation on my beliefs here. IS THE PROBLEM ON RIOTS END? If so, why is this happening, what do they intend to do to remedy the problem, when will it be fixed?

MateenOwesMoney

10-11-2012

Anyone getting a "attempting to reconnect" message?

I dont actually get dropped from game and as far as I know, my internet is fine

blehpet

10-11-2012

I get random lag spikes too..

Please fix this!

StarNovas

10-11-2012

Please fix this D:

Maverick71

10-11-2012

Yep, just had to quit a match as Draven, impossible to catch axes so it was unplayable. I hope you guys can fix it!

Tyra Wadman

10-13-2012

Same issues as them only it started happening about 3 months or so ago for me. Just today I got several Attempting to Reconnect's during bots games and they all lasted 5-10-+ seconds long.

My computer can DEFINITELY handle it. I've tried repairing, I've tried deleting a bunch of **** from my CPU, defrag, disk cleanup, I even recently had it brought in from repairs when I noticed the lagging issues.

I've seen hundreds of these topics.

Who knows, maybe they're soaking up the connection for their tournament. XD

Whoever hosted one of the livestreams I watched dropped out every few seconds.

Somewhere around

10-14-2012

Also experiencing similar issues.

King Desu

10-14-2012

Having the same problem, I can't tell if its my internet or something wrong on Riot's side. It's making ranked very.....challenging.

Mechurcules

10-14-2012

For the last 2-4 weeks this has been happening to me too... disconnecting every few seconds, or animation lag of 1-3+ seconds, ping spikes from 200-6000+, no matter what time of day or night. I run an ethernet connection, have even tried re-installing windows on an SSD with only LoL installed too, no joy. ICSI Netalyser states a high downlink buffer of 5200ms..... thats really weird.

I googled this and found heaps of other people coming to the same conclusion in the last month or two... have all ISP's suddenly raised downlink and uplink buffers???? League apparently uses quite alot of download bandwidth so acts like a large download... which means its inordinately affected by buffer size.

This feels like a patch change in the last month or two that backfired... but everywhere Riot is denying there is anything wrong and telling people to ring their ISP's and get them to lower buffer sizes instead.

Why is this a problem now?? League used to run smooth even at 300 ping i could still be competitive. Now even scrolling the map is jerky, skills dont fire when I click, or take 2 seconds to do so. Ping spikes all over the place, disconnects randomly.

RIOT PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS< DONT IGNORE IT, IT IS A REAL PROBLEM!