Spectating dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

naotasan

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
ooooh, i see. yeah, the first team to capture their enemy's quest point will complete the quest--there aren't any other dependencies, so you can ignore your own point as long as your team is the first to complete the capture.

that does make me wonder how different things would be if you needed to control both points to complete the quest. there could be some interesting ideas that come from that concept.
Oh whoa, so working as intended?
I just assumed that the quest was "control both points"

You play dominion right? We should play some time.

FraggingBard

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perestukinas View Post
P.S. to all the fanboys and fangirls of SR : PLEASE STAY OUT OF OUR PLAYGROUND with your stupid attitude "its just dominion", "i came here to test builds" and **** like that, you are ruining awesome gamemode for those who actualy enjoy it very much.
This is probably off topic, but how is that ruining the gamemode? If anything, you're driving SR people away from trying it out since they think everyone in Dom is too elitist for them. Twisted Treeline has much the same reputation, and it really doesn't help the mode get any official support.

AlphaFerric

08-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraggingBard View Post
This is probably off topic, but how is that ruining the gamemode? If anything, you're driving SR people away from trying it out since they think everyone in Dom is too elitist for them. Twisted Treeline has much the same reputation, and it really doesn't help the mode get any official support.
Going to have to half agree and disagree with this one. It is definitely nice when new players are in dom games (especially since I haven't come across anyone doing a "test build" in a while). However, there are 9 other people in that game who expect a certain level of competition, and if 1 guy is doing an extremely trollish build (ad manamune ryze or something), that can make a match feel extremely lop sided and the weak link glaringly obvious. Now watch someone go do manamune ryze to great success.

But with that said, I think a problem most gamers have is they take the attitude of "player x is a scrub for doing y because z is the standard set by the community" when they should be saying "player x is doing y, what is good about y and is it working for them?", followed by "what is bad about y compared to z, and can I combine the two or is z greater in excess by comparison."

tldr: 9 other people are in a game, so frustration is understandable when someone is breaking from the norm and not succeeding. AP Ezreal can beat AD Ezreal.