Tips for playing sona

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

killbot100

08-27-2012

i want to start playing more support champs like sona or soraka so any advice would be most welcome

Meteorus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by killbot100 View Post
i want to start playing more support champs like sona or soraka so any advice would be most welcome
Sona?
Roll face on keyboard

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2012

Mostly I just punch Q, W, E, and R at random and shout, "Why aren't you idiots killing them?!? GO! Fight!".

clickbang

08-27-2012

Quote:
You can add me in game
"Click Bang"

and after i am out of finals today I can shoot you some tips

JamJarsook

08-27-2012

Sona is mostly about big early poke with your Q then auto attack combo. Ideally, you stack 2 ranks of your passive, AA, Q, AA, and they will probably be chunked pretty hard. I would mostly refer to Nhat Nguyen's guide on solomid.net for Sona, as I like Nhat the most out of most of the higher level support players out there, but feel free to look into other people's interpretations on her.

Ryft Mith

08-27-2012

Here's some tips on Sona:
- Try to have two stacks of your innate (from Q) on before you leave the fountain. That way, you're prepared for a level 1 bush fight.
- Even though it may seem beneficial to max W first (for more healing) in many situations it may be better to max Q first for more harrass/zoning power as well as giving your carry more damage. The W often suffices for clutch heals because of the armor/magic resist buff it gives. The fact that it gives double the aura buff to the person being healed for the first few seconds means that it is extraordinarily good at clutch situations relative to the number of skill points put into it.
- Because Sona's abilities except her ult are all auto-targeted, it means that while playing Sona you have tons of opportunities to practice your positioning. Do that.
- While her ult may have ridiculous potential to turn a teamfight around, do not hesitate to use it on a single high-priority target (I.E. their AD carry) who is completely out of position. This acts as an excellent opening for the rest of your team to initiate with the movement speed aura from her E or Shurelia's Reverie.
- Remember to get mana regen. With the most recent Sona change it is even more possible to spam your mana away. While your team will probably want you to spend the majority of your money on wards (which is not a bad thing) it may be more beneficial to spend money of getting mana regen/cooldown reduction.

DemothHymside

08-27-2012

You need to get the Powerchord mechanics down by building up Q fast.

Also, only put 1 point into W for light sustain very early. Sona's heals are pathetic and will run you OOM very fast, so focus more on poking people and using your E to help your team chase and flee.

The only reason Sona can seem hard to play is because she's stupidly easy to kill; never over extend because if you get caught, you'll die.

Zakkair

08-27-2012

Quote:
For Sona, remember to charge up to your power chord at base. This is helpful. And Autoattack Q Autoattack is a very nice burst. When I play Sona, I actually check how many spells I have charged and use the right powerchord. This includes reduced damage with W and slowing enemy with E. I usually max W for the sustain in lane as Sona needs 6 to be effective.

Soraka just stay back and heal heal heal heal heal. Silence enemy ap or initiators in teamfights and always try to heal the person being focussed. Remember to wait if they are ignited then pop a heal. Sometimes, it is better to heal (even if they are at 99% hp) prior to a burst (graves Q R) because the armor buff helps.

NEVER pick sona soraka against Blitz Leona. You will die 90% of the time because they are so squishy.

Kaolla

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumudeluxe View Post
Sona?
Roll face on keyboard
Attachment 517149

this is my latest game as sona, so it definitely works

Attachment 517153

netkitten

08-27-2012

smash buttons
@
be a good girl

12345 ... 8