☆☆☆ Suspension = REPEAT OFFENDER ☆☆☆

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnnyOmega

09-22-2012

There may be a misconception among some that voting punish is equivalent to voting towards suspending a player. That is only the case when a player has ignored prior warning(s) to stop behaving badly. For a first time offender it is always a warning, not a suspension. If it becomes a suspension, then it's not a first time offender and he/she is likely getting what he/she deserves for a problem he/she could have solved after the first warning by simply asking for advice on how to behave better.

JohnnyOmega

09-25-2012

Bumping once in a while to help voters understand how the system works.

JohnnyOmega

lolLuckylol

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOmega View Post

☆ So if you think that a suspension is not warranted for what you see in a case, try to remember that if it got as bad as a suspension, the punished violator has been naughty in more, perhaps many more incidents than what is shown in the case. The suspension is NOT for a first time offense.
uuhm hello? ... real life, u steal money from a bank. u get X days sentence. after X days your out, then a guy reports you for something without any proof. BUT since you have been previously sentenced you should be sentenced again... ye nice logic bro

YOU NEED TO BASE A DESICION ON THE EVIDENCE YOU HAVE AVALIABLE.

plz long posts with no meaning is wasted time for us all

JohnnyOmega

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolLuckylol View Post
uuhm hello? ... real life, u steal money from a bank. u get X days sentence. after X days your out, then a guy reports you for something without any proof. BUT since you have been previously sentenced you should be sentenced again... ye nice logic bro

YOU NEED TO BASE A DESICION ON THE EVIDENCE YOU HAVE AVALIABLE.

plz long posts with no meaning is wasted time for us all
1. This isn't real life. It's a computer game.

2. A violation is a violation. If you see a violation of the Code then hit Punish. Punish only equals suspension if the violator has committed previous violations and has ignored prior warning(s) to behave better.

And here: To clarify the statement further just in case.

NOTE: This does not mean that you should Punish for a false report. It means vote Punish if you see a legitimate violation regardless of whether you believe that violation is bad enough for a suspension by itself because by itself the punishment will not be a suspension (first time offender = warning mail, not suspension).

lolLuckylol

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOmega View Post
1. This isn't real life. It's a computer game.

2. A violation is a violation. If you see a violation of the Code then hit Punish. Punish only equals suspension if the violator has committed previous violations and has ignored prior warning(s) to behave better.

And here: To clarify the statement further just in case.

NOTE: This does not mean that you should Punish for a false report. It means vote Punish if you see a legitimate violation regardless of whether you believe that violation is bad enough for a suspension by itself because by itself the punishment will not be a suspension (first time offender = warning mail, not suspension).
thanks for informing me / correcting me / whatever u was trying to do.... i dont rly know

but if u check i quoted the OP who said you should punish even if nothing was punisheble because he had "many cases before" (indirectly)

JohnnyOmega

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolLuckylol View Post
thanks for informing me / correcting me / whatever u was trying to do.... i dont rly know

but if u check i quoted the OP who said you should punish even if nothing was punisheble because he had "many cases before" (indirectly)

That's not what the quote means. Read the rest of the post and you'll understand the context better.

JohnnyOmega

10-25-2012

Bumping this because I just read a post that made it sound like voting punish automatically means suspension.

JohnnyOmega

11-01-2012

Bumping this because of a case that some felt deserved a warning instead of suspension when in reality the suspension was because of repeated offenses, not for just that case.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2748993

JohnnyOmega

11-01-2012

After reading and posting on this thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2750902

I'm considering the bundling of this thread's original post into a larger set of sections for [A Guide to Tribunal] that explain punishment and clarify Tribunal case formation.