Magma Chamber/Supremacy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FOE Freya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2012

I think Magma Chamber could be a viable map (maybe with some changes), even though it turned into dominion. Another 5v5 sommoners rift style, or 3v3 treeline style would be cool too. A capture the flag mode would be interesting, (sneak into the enemy base, grab an object, or activate a point, and make it back to your base before they retake it. Supremacy is hopefully on it's way soon as well.

naotasan

08-26-2012

I don't want new maps. I want ranked dominion.

Kiddalee

08-27-2012

Magma Chamber was not turned into Dominion. It was trashed.

SpiderParadox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2012

Riot higher ups have stated multiple times that they feel that competitive MOBA should not have more than one map.

They have decided to support their additional maps since they already made them but the idea of another new map showing up considering tehir opinion is unlikely.

Redenbacher

08-27-2012

I want a Magma Chamber skin for the existing maps. A new map of the same concept would be silly, but fighting over chasms of molten hot magma sounds like fun.

SpiderParadox

08-27-2012

Yeah I have no idea why Riot doesn't just keep the same map, but make a bunch of different skins for it. Obviously it would take a lot of work, but it would help out the *rather large* number of people who are just bored with SR.

Then again, our Dominion community tends to take in those people so maybe they shouldn't.

Orphane

08-27-2012

Given the time it has taken for Riot to turn its attention to maps that aren't Summoner's Rift, I don't think we need more of them.

lbgsloan

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderParadox View Post
Yeah I have no idea why Riot doesn't just keep the same map, but make a bunch of different skins for it. Obviously it would take a lot of work, but it would help out the *rather large* number of people who are just bored with SR.

Then again, our Dominion community tends to take in those people so maybe they shouldn't.
Er, what? They have a halloween and winter skin for it, though they remove them from the client after their respective seasons.

SpiderParadox

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
Er, what? They have a halloween and winter skin for it, though they remove them from the client after their respective seasons.
By "skin" I don't mean "the same map with different colors, I mean "The same map but with different everything." Like functionally the same but with rocks instead of trees or something like that.

They made SR autumn and winter a hugely long time ago and there seems to oddly be no interest in other skins for the map despite those map skins being wildly popular.

Infirc

08-27-2012

Magma chamber wasn't Trashed either, they actually ahd an UI of the old Magma chamber code to do Proving grouds, also i don't llike the idea of a summonner's Rift painted in pink... it took them enough time to get to work on the other modes with just one Sr map, imagine two and why the hell is this even on the Dominion forums, the fact that this is underplayed doesn't mean this should be treated as an off topic forum, post this on gd for visibility please.

edit: Riot already ruled out a capture the flag Mode since Kassadin would just.. there's also a small chance that Supremacy may be a classic Map, there's no information at the moment so making assumptions of a new gamemode is kind of hasty.