Why CRS and Dig were wrongfully DQ'd and MLG is dumb [LONG POST]

1234511 ... 20
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mmmmooooooooo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujija...1&feature=plcp

In this video, CRS states that they played the ARAM for fun and had agreed to an ARAM. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote:
"Both teams have agreed that the disqualification was warranted. There's some contention over the exact nature of the actions taken by Curse NA and Dignitas which led to the disqualification -- but regardless, both teams, as well as MLG and Riot agree that any collusion, or not playing a tournament match to win, warrants disqualification.

None of the parties involved today -- especially the teams -- are happy about this conduct because they are all serious about League of Legends eSports."
-From what I saw, both were trying. Maybe not their hardest, but I paraphrase TSM that teams will not show many tricks and strategies with regionals so close. (on a side note, if you read the MLG Summer championship rules, there is nothing about this) I saw 0 throwing, and both seemed like they WANTED to win, and did not just troll around by ramming themselves into tower. They played an ARAM- and I quote-
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Just to be crystal clear, MLG’s decision here has nothing to do with ARAM. Both Curse and Dignitas admitted to and apologized for colluding prior to the finals to throw the match.
So it's not with the ARAM, and the quote is void. Riot and MLG agreed to disqualify CRS and dig on the basis that they weren't trying when also stated that MLG's decision has NOTHING to do with the ARAM.

Quote:
1. Any sign of cheating may result in a Forfeit of the Game and/or disqualification from the Event.
-So where was the cheating? I saw a fun ARAM game (that may have been disappointing for some) that was LEGITIMATELY PLAYED and had a winner, and a loser. Games were played, and there was no intentional throwing to another team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Drakylon - they decided who would win prior to the match - it's not about their strategy during the game or what they are doing with the money afterwards, it's about respect for the game, the sport, the other teams, and the fans.
-So for one, I present to you this: http://i.imgur.com/ONkoe.png They've changed their story more than Mitt Romney. So this is suspicious since there are so many contradictions. In addition, CRS has stated that they only agreed to an ARAM. Also, the result didn't even matter- CRS and DIG change nothing in the rankings. Had dignitas won, this may have been more important since that would put them in 2nd (for whatever reason if they dont like TD or something) BUT THEY DIDN'T. CRS WON. THE RANKINGS WERE NOT CHANGED.

-Also, they don't care where the money goes after- so WHY IS COLLUDING (if they even did agree to split the money) ILLEGAL AND RESULTED IN A DQ HUH/??

tl;dr- Riot and MLG both contradict each other on numerous occasions. CRS and DIG broke 0 rules according to the MLG Summer Championship League of Legends rules. MLG and Riot are making new rules on the spot. Curse won, so there was no standings change. GIVE CURSE AND DIG THEIR RIGHTFUL PRIZES.

Bliiiitzed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2012

bump for great jstice

Mmmmooooooooo

08-26-2012

keep this ibumped pls

Enraged Gamer

shlver

08-26-2012

tl;dr

Olek Skilgannon

08-26-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujija...eature=g-all-u

Video by curse.

"Both teams have agreed that the disqualification was warranted. There's some contention over the exact nature of the actions taken by Curse NA and Dignitas which led to the disqualification -- but regardless, both teams, as well as MLG and Riot agree that any collusion, or not playing a tournament match to win, warrants disqualification."

Vulpyx

08-26-2012

Go on riot, make it right. Let curse and dignitas design the next champion and it's all gee

Glorkle

08-26-2012

Great. Thanks for posting this again. I sure haven't seen it, and I'm sure your thread is much more important than the exact same threads that are being posted right now.

SuicideCreamPuff

08-26-2012

why u gotta dis Mitt Romney?

Reapexx

08-26-2012

Mmmmooooooooo

Maximum Mega Massively Multiplayer Open Operations Oriented Oh****I'mrunning Out Of Owords Oppagangnamstyle Online?

1234511 ... 20