3's Need Normal Draft pick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jemesus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2012

Why don't 3's have a normal draft mode so we can ban op 3's champs. It's a simple thing. Why don't we have it?

Shadeykris

08-24-2012

Not enough people play TT.

On SR a billion people play, so they can split things into a bunch of queues and still have a lot of players in each one.
(In comparison) In 3s hardly any people play, so if they add another one then you split the small pool of players even further - possibly too much.

If TT suddenly becomes super popular maybe Riot will add it, but otherwise it's a no go. Too bad.

Krejdar

08-24-2012

I actually agree with this. Draft 3s would prevent all these 'Practice' 3s teams people make. (I would know, as I've been forced to make a practice team as well to practice new strats, etc.)

Dominion even has a Draft mode, and barely anyone uses that. Personally, I find it a waste of time for Dom.

Realyst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2012

Because you can't use the search function, herpa derpa.

oracle prodigy

08-25-2012

i agree we need 1

Jemesus

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeykris View Post

On SR a billion people play, so they can split things into a bunch of queues and still have a lot of players in each one.
(In comparison) In 3s hardly any people play, so if they add another one then you split the small pool of players even further - possibly too much.

If TT suddenly becomes super popular maybe Riot will add it, but otherwise it's a no go. Too bad.
It would also affect wait times but I would be willing to wait a little longer if it means I would have a fun game with out crazy OP team comps. Also it feels like even though more people play SR that people who play 3's are tossed aside because there is not a lot of us.

Jettmills

08-27-2012

agree

Quick Rawr

08-27-2012

I disagree, I don't want to wait 12 minutes for a game.

Let Me Eat You

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeykris View Post

I believe your response is a problem within itself
It could easily be said that there isn't a draft mode on TT because it isn't popular enough.
But it could also be just as easily said that TT isn't popular enough because there isn't a draft mode

Shadeykris

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emfteka View Post
I believe your response is a problem within itself
It could easily be said that there isn't a draft mode on TT because it isn't popular enough.
But it could also be just as easily said that TT isn't popular enough because there isn't a draft mode
That could easily be said, yes, but that wouldn't necessarily make it true.

What % of SR players play: Ranked, Draft, and Blind Pick? For example, do the majority play Draft or Blind when playing normals? What is the total TT population compared to the total SR population? I don't know. Do you? Riot does. Knowing these numbers might help us make an educated guess about how adding a normal draft mode to TT would change things, but without knowing we're just making stuff up. Are there just thousands and thousands of SR players who would suddenly prefer TT if there was normal draft? Maaaaybe. Everyone I know who prefers 5v5 simply has no interest in 3s at all though. Look at the petition for 3v3 draft mode thread - it was started 7 months ago and only has 560 votes. That isn't very encouraging.

Anyway, I personally think its pointless for us to argue about it, because Riot has the data and is using it to make their decisions. They can look at it and go "based on this, if we add Draft mode, it will make the queue state even worse." They COULD say "if we add Draft mode, maybe people will play TT just for that reason." but it's still just a big maybe... its making a big business decision based on the wishful thinking of a few forumgoers.