How to counter shyvana in jungles?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Radicalist

08-26-2012

Well, I played a game as trundle jungle, and my team invaded blue lvl 1 and we stole that. I then went directly to top and first blooded the enemy mordekaiser.

After, I proceeded to red, and back to our blue (which was gone, shyvana killed it) and wolves (shyvana took these too). So then i ganked bot, got a kill, ganked top got another kill. And then riven got a solo top kill again so we were up 4-1 early.

After this point however, shyvana really started counter jungling hard. I would see her running around my red buff/wraiths area constantly, so I had to guard that area.

In terms of beating her counter jungle, I tried buying 4 wards, one ward at blue, 3 wards guarding red entrances. They did catch her, and she knew there were wards, so she called 3 of her teammates to take red with her (with smite, this takes like less than a second, so my teammates were too slow to react). Same thing for blue, they stole it every time with this strat, even though my wards obviously caught them, they just do it too fast.

Is there any other possible solution to stop shyvana counterjungle? I mean my team had the early advantage, should I just ignore her counter jungle and continue gank pressure. I think that's where I made mistake there, by letting her counter jungle effect me mentally and not focus on the big objectives like turrets and dragons.

Any solutions to counter shyvana in the jungle? I couldn't 1v1 her when she has red buff, trundle has one damaging ability and she has 3. I also bought around 20 wards that game, wards didn't stop the counterjungle (once she knew I was warding she bought oracles neways). Any solutions?

Radicalist

08-26-2012

Also, she was very hard to catch. Looking at masteries and runes, she overloaded movespeed. MS quints with movespeed down utility. There was really no way we could catch her since she would dragon form out of any risky situations, and continue to counter jungle later.

TeknoWizard

08-26-2012

Really, it seems to me that Trundle should counter her. You're probably the best duelist. When she comes in, Q her, throw down W, and pillar off her escape. She'll probably have to dragon form out because of Trundle's damage output. I'm not really sure why you couldn't 1v1 her. That and call over your team mates to gank her in your jungle.

Radicalist

08-26-2012

In hindsight, I agree with you wizard. I think I shouldn't have feared shyvana. I think what I needed to do most importantly was just ignore jungles and gank more, because when I ganked, we were ahead 4-1. When I was preoccupied in the jungles trying to deal with shyvana, my teammates fell behind in laning phase. Should've just ignored her and focused on ganking, shyvana has no gank potential whereas I do.

XxxLumberJackxxX

08-27-2012

If she has 2-3 of them in your jungle at your buffs... go steal hers and have your team push turrets and et Cs and you win?

Cenerae

08-27-2012

Ward the entrances to your own jungle (you dont need to drop 3 around one buff) and try to catch sight of her going into it. When you can guess where she is you can ping allies to come and trap her.

That is really the only practical solution short of 'beat her in a 1v1 fight' which is iffy at best considering how strong her early game damage is.

Nevercrysis

08-27-2012

1. Coordinte with your teammates to use wards to prevent Shyvana to steal your buffs, or kill her with help of your closest teammates when she is at your jungle. Once you got the wards, your team will know better her location every time she wants to steal or gank or "Sandwich" her when she is going to gank.
2. Coordinate with your laners, to tell them to push a little harder and if possible, kill enemy laners with or without your ganks. But remember to use WARDS to prevent Shyvana´s ganks. in order to make possible next point...
3. With wards and good pressures on the enemy teams, Shyvana will have to cover or help her teammates. That´s when you take your time to steal her jungle.

Note. As mentioned previosly, she is very fast jungling, but there is always a way to counter her.

And remember, WARDS rule!!

Good Luck!