Hey Guys Im new to LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1ChillTurtle

08-26-2012

I have been playing LoL for a week now. I have a grasp of the game but its still pretty confusing. Why do champions go to the jungle before the minion spawns? My teammates were yelling at me to invade or something? I didn't understand what it meant. Hopefully you guys can explain it.

------------
On a different note, is there some specific guide that can improve my gameplay quality? I noticed I usually have more deaths than kills. Thank you!

Wyndrydyr

08-26-2012

Accept the Summoner's Code so your posts are readable.

zomgz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2012

Generally, each team has a 'jungler' role that doesn't participate in lane play and clears jungle mobs instead so that the rest of his team can get more out of the limited resources in lanes. This also allows for a roaming champion with strong buffs that can help out lanes.

With that explained, sometimes teams try to screw over the other team's jungler and get first blood in the process, so the whole time will 'invade' the other jungle. For that reason, teams will either spread in their own jungle and keep watch for the other team's invasion or go to the enemy jungle to invade themselves.

I hope this explains it. As far as a general guide, no I don't know of anything specific but I'm sure you could search youtube and find something pretty quick.

HolyTurkey

08-26-2012

Hey there. Always good to see a new player.

Generally, especially as you continue to level up, you will likely have someone on your team that 'jungles', meaning he doesn't lane, but only kills jungle creatures. The people running into the jungle are either this jungler getting ready or team mates protecting him/her from an invade.

Invading is when your whole team rushes into the enemies jungle to try and kill their jungler, or steal the creatures that give a buff - the large golem and/or the lizard. Generally this doesn't work wonderfully unless the whole team is involved.

Hope this helps!

Lord Puppy Fury

08-27-2012

If someone calls for an invasion, it's best for the whole team to go.

If you're not invading, if you're mid or top on the blue side, it's your job to leash and/or sit at the jungle entrances until the creeps arrive in your lane. If you're bot on blue, hang around the entrances to your red jungle to make sure the enemies don't invade and try to steal red buff.

If you're mid or bot on the purple side, it's your job to leash and/or sit at the jungle entrances until the creeps arrive in your lane. If you're top on purple, hang around the entrances to your red jungle to make sure the enemies don't invade and try to steal red buff.

The buffs spawn at 1:55. If no one's shown up by 1:50 or so, it's generally safe to return to your lane if you're just guarding.

If you don't know what "leashing" is, I recommend looking up a video on it. I can explain it, but I think it would make more sense if you can see what it looks like.