Top Runes for Dominion???

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Planescape

08-26-2012

Topic says all.

I assume runes that gain per level are superior.

HaIfhearted

08-26-2012

Depends on the runes and the situation.

Which runes you thinking about, and for which character, and where are you taking them?

For instance, in bot lane, I would take flat armor seals over per-level because of the early game power.
I always run health/level yellows over flat, but I would never take CDR/level blues just cause they take too damn long.

lbgsloan

08-26-2012

Differs heavily on a rune per rune basis. Some per level runes have awful scaling; many per level quints only give about 40-50% better stats than flat, but take 17 levelups to reach that full power. Also as halfhearted said the per level CDR blues are pure ass. On the whole things aren't really that different from SR, other than flat AD being inferior to armour pen.

Generally good runes for each slot on Dominion:

Marks - armour pen, magic pen, maybe attack speed on niche champions.

Seals - armour (flat or per level, both have their strengths), per level health, that's about it really as most seals suck compared to those two.

Glyhps - per level mres, flat CDR, per level AP

Quinits - Too many to list, it's really a matter of preference and champion specific. Movespeed are a good universal quint for Dominion.

DiscworldDeath

08-26-2012

Sorry, I like my CDR/level blues I'm patient enough and they bring me close to cap with my 30% from items (Youmou and Ionian boots/Zeke's on the champs I mostly use them for).

My main runes:
MrPen/ArPen reds.
HP/Level or flat armour yellows (Early game everyone auto attacks a lot, including mages, and turrets and minions are a major source of damage).
MR/level blues.
Quints: MS

My secondary picks:
AP/level or CDR/level blues
AD/level reds for Khaine, the God of Warfare and Slaughter.
ArPen or AP Quints. I don't own MrPen quints yet or they'd be here too. MS quints too stronk.

lbgsloan

08-27-2012

The problem with the scaling CDR blues are that you get 5.85 immediately with flat or 8.1 at level 18 with per level. That's barely 2% more CDR with a 17 level delay. Unless you're running 21/X/X with zero points in Sorcery, 30% CDR + flat CDR blues + 3-4% from masteries will nearly hit cap; the difference being you'll start with 9-10% CDR immediately using flat blues. If you're really **** like me, you can run a mix of the two and hit 40% if having 38 or 39% bothers you.

There is one major advantage to per level CDR blues though, and that is they cost half the IP. When 'half' is over 3000 IP, that's not a joke.

BROSEPHIROTH

08-27-2012

My generic rune page for Dominion is MS quints, Armor/level seals, MR/level glyphs, and either ArPen marks or MPen marks.

It's very well rounded and I've never really felt like I needed to deviate from them. I'm considering switching to AD/AP marks but meh I'd rather buy a new champion with the IP.