Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Spectator perma 100% load no action

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HaIfhearted

08-26-2012

Yes, I know there is an "official" thread for spectator mode bugs and stuff.
But since it doesn't seem to be getting any attention I figured I'd shoot this in here just in case.

The problem:
Anyway, what the bug does, is when I try to spectate a game, everyone fully loads to 100%, and then..... nothing.
No game, no sound, no *anything*.
I'm literally stuck staring at everyone's loading bar sitting at 100% and just going 0_0 wtf why?

I'm not the only person getting this bug either.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2078143&page=37

How to reproduce:
I have no idea.

I used to think that the bug was caused by attempting to spectate "featured" eligible players, cause that's really all I cared about, but getting the bug after trying to watch some of my low-elo friends duke it out killed that theory.

Maybe myself being a featured-eligible player (Dominion only) has something to do with it?
Probably not, but I have no clue otherwise.

Riot pls:
Anywho, this bug is annoying and makes me sad cause I can pretty much no longer spectate anyone ever.

Here's hoping you can fix it.

naotasan

08-26-2012

BAMP
Pretty annoying stuff. Makes casting tournaments a nightmare.

EnigmaticFlicker

08-26-2012

I have constant problems with this, but mostly with featured dominion games. Often I can get around it by minimizing the window, closing the window, then hitting Reconnect when it gives me the option to Reconnect or Quit. Sometimes it takes two or three tries, sometimes I have to close or minimize some other program. Then I usually get in. Of course by that time the game is half or more over.

HaIfhearted

08-26-2012

Quote:
EnigmaticFlicker:
I have constant problems with this, but mostly with featured dominion games. Often I can get around it by minimizing the window, closing the window, then hitting Reconnect when it gives me the option to Reconnect or Quit. Sometimes it takes two or three tries, sometimes I have to close or minimize some other program. Then I usually get in. Of course by that time the game is half or more over.

I really really wish that I could get into games after only 2-3 repeats of that.

Sadly, my spectator is a bit less cooperative than that.

Gandair

08-26-2012

For the last 4 weeks of DominateDominion tournaments that have been broadcast one sometime two games have this bug and it takes multiple attempts to get into the game if the commentator is able to get into the game at all. It's really hurt the quality of the event and I have no idea how to fix it. Yesterday (Sat 25th) I couldn't load into the first game due to this bug.

I was invited to the game and went into the spectator slot. The other commentator loaded into the game, but I did not. I was also unable to drop-in spectate on the players who were on my friends list that were playing in the game. After over ten attempts I was unable to get in before the game ended. In the game following it took three attempts to get into the game.

It's making me sad because the viewers lose out and I can't help fix it. I want the viewers to be happy.

IKillLadyHawks

08-27-2012

Confirmed , I have this bug too. Haven't been able to spec a single match ever since Rengar came out

Orphane

08-27-2012

Confirmed. This bug has been happening intermittently for me since the Jayce patch, and it's incredibly frustrating because Spectator mode will sometimes work and then for no discernible reason stop working. I've had it happen to both featured spectate games and games I'm attempting to spectate from people on my friends list. Relogging does not seem to fix the problem immediately, and I've more or less given up on spectating games because it hits 100% during loading and then just sits there 6 times out of 10.

Paperoil

08-27-2012

Please at least tell us u know this, Riot

SuperSnarl

08-28-2012

I have been unable to view games since Zyra because of this. Bump.

HaIfhearted

08-28-2012

Keeping this up for visibility.