Should I report these people?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheDraco4011

08-26-2012

The last 5 games I had people left the game. 3 of them someone left immediately, 1 of them legitimately had to leave, and the last one said "brb gonna get a beer" and left. Is leaving something reportable because its making the game quite frustrating @_@.

Shottymaster

08-26-2012

Yes.

If the person had something actually come up and doesn't leave otherwise, they won't be banned.

Sock Yourself

08-26-2012

yes... id say except for the guy who had a reasonable reason

CowMeat

08-26-2012

Report everyone who leaves a game for more than five minutes. Players will not get banned for leaving the game once. Players will often make up false reasons for leaving a game because they will be reported less often.

I have had computer problems (lose of internet and unexpected restarts) that have caused me to leave three or more games and I have not been banned .

Armageddal

08-27-2012

When reporting for this, use your own judgment based on if you were in their situation. Have you ever had times where you have had to leave games due to a sudden event in real life? Does their situation seem similar?

Kuryaka

08-27-2012

I generally let LeaverBuster handle these unless their behaviour has been bad. They're still going to get hit with one mark on their record, I treat Tribunal as a way of clearing out those who create a negative game environment.

darkestluna

08-27-2012

Seeing as I don't want to spam the forum I'll post this here.

I'm a semi-new player (lvl 11), and I play with several higher lvl teachers so to speak. Thus far I haven't had any terrible problems till this most recent game.

I have a thick skin so it doesn't bother me, but this opponent Darius was openly hostile towards everyone, besides his vulgar language etc.

He seemed certain that despite all nine of us reporting him, the tribunal would somehow just ignore. Reading the tribunal guidelines, it seems unlikely but I am curious; what gives him such cinfidence that he would just get away with?

Any answers would be appreciated!

Kuryaka

08-27-2012

He's just trolling, trying to get you guys to retaliate. Tribunal DOES ban people, unless it's just that one instance. When I run Tribunal, anyone who openly curses and spams in chat is punished. Even if he slips by with a few people happening to pardon everything, if it happens again he won't be as lucky.

Starting a new thread is okay when you have a separate, slightly unrelated question to ask and are not the original poster. That way we don't derail the original topic.

Chingalling

08-28-2012

i think too many people jump to reporting too quickly, unless someone joins in and is afk all game, i dont think they should be reported. its situational but some people have a heavy finger

Jektar

09-22-2012

I'd say if it's a legitimate excuse usually not. I've only left maybe 2 times out of 1000 matches. Once had a blackout and came back way behind (still lost) while the other was sickness just a day ago. You can still report them and it wont affect them as long as they don't make a habit out of it.