How do you build Diana on Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZallKlos

08-26-2012

Well... since Diana free week is almost over, most should have a chance to play her out.

21/9/0 vs 9/21/0?

MPen reds, AP quints, Armor and MR lvl for rest yellow and blues? (Don't really have Dominion specific runes). CDR blues? Hp lvl yellows?

Boots? Sorc vs CDR vs counter boots?

Items? Prospector + boots + sodas as top, bottom?
FH vs AD or Athene's vs AP or Sweeper vs specific champios as CDR? Hourglass or Abyssal to complement the CDR item. Deathcap and Voidstaff somewhere. Then sell Ring for Lichbane?

Do you consider Nashor's and Haunted Guise? Is there a reason for Malady?

Volandum

08-26-2012

Hourglass is ridiculously expensive, I strongly recommend warden's + more AP instead of it. Or just a chain vest.

Phourc

08-26-2012

I could see malady as it's cheap and lots of attackspeed, haven't messed with it.

The only game I've gotten in with Diana so far I built merc treads and regretted it as it didn't feel like I had enough pen.

DG Denz Brujah

08-26-2012

i say wait a week before worrying about builds as she is about to become a victim of the nerf hammer

ZallKlos

08-30-2012

How about post nerf hammer?

onethreeone

08-30-2012

21/9
Insight / Armor / MR per level / MSpd

boots + blasting wand start
Lichbane / Merc Treads / Rylai's / defense or Cap, depending on how well you're doing

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2012

More people advice? I'm not convinced on how to build her.

Degnared

09-05-2012

I think she works best built tanky early and then built into damage. She has good AP ratios, even post nerf, but she still benefits from the high base damage abilities of all mages. She has great sustained damage, but her QRQR "combo" is spread out, so jumping on a squishy can lead to you getting bursted down before they do. And nevermind the fact that a squishy Diana is helpless against tanks. Once you get some resists and armor, her shield makes her extremely hard to kill. Then I get some damage, and I find that I can a) assassinate most squishies (or force them to recall), b) hold my own against most tanks, and c) survive teamfights well enough to take advantage of her great aoe damage. Yes, she's good at assassinating squishies, but I think that playing her like a 1v1 champ is wasting a lot of her potential.

My build: 9/21/0 for full CDR masteries. Flat CDR runes. The only CDR item I like on Diana is glacial shroud, so I like to get as much as I can from runes and masteries. The exception is if you're going bot. Then you can get Athene's Unholy Chalice.

Boots + Ring (skip the ring if you don't like it)
Chain Vest + Negetron cloak (assuming a balanced enemy team.)
Finish Glacial
Finish Abyssal Scepter
Finish Frozen Heart (if they have two plus autoattackers, otherwise skip it)
Build Sheen

After this things are very up in the air for me. If my team is doing well, I build a Deathcap followed by Lichbane (maybe I should do that the other way around, but I only bought 1 other AP item before, so I dunno. Obviously the build almost never gets that far unless I'm bot lane). If I need to be beefier, I'll buy more armor or magic resist. I don't like health on champs with a shield, and hers is quite good. Buying no health items may be a mistake, I'm not sure. But there really aren't any health items that I find attractive for her.

Keep in mind that this build needs to be flexible. How tanky is your team? How tanky is their team? What's their magic/physical damage spread? Two things I avoid regardless: never rush deathcap (or lichbane, for that matter), and I don't like Rylai's on her at all.

Remember that you excel at getting into fights, but you can't get back out as easily. Don't take free damage while your abilities are on cooldown, her passive is really not that strong. The exception is if you can get them to focus you over an ad carry or squishy mage, just don't take shots that could be absorbed by the Malphite next to you.

And finally, a note on her E: a lot of people bash it, but I like it. The pull-in animation is surprisingly slow, so if you use it at the edge of the area of effect, it's actually pretty decent cc. The way I like to enter fights is to Q as many people as possible in their front line, then dive onto someone after your tank goes in. Use E on as many people as you can, then back off a little to the side. Once your Q is up again, try to hit someone in their back line, and dive onto them. This way you wont take full focus fire, you'll be as disruptive as possible, and you can often kill a squishy then return to the fight.

Lindre

09-05-2012

Nekrogen is a solid Diana player, but I've generally only seen him play her bot lane. He tends to build her as more of an AP tanky bruiser/AP CDR rather than glass cannon assassin. I generally tend to do the same.

I don't really think there's a clear cut consensus on how to build her as multiple builds work on her well.

The AP/CDR build generally goes like this though in no particular order, more depending on what you're up against:

P. Ring, Boots, Pots
Sorc Shoes/CDR boots
Fiendish Codex -> Athene's or Nashor's Tooth
Glacial -> Frozen Heart
Abyssal Scepter

Then if the game goes long enough, maybe a DCap as a late game item.

Generally for this build, you're looking to cap CDR at 40% (she scales crazy good with CDR) and build resistances against what you're going against to increase your survivability so you don't instantly explode in teamfights/skirmishes.

I run her 21/9 with MPen Marks, Health/level Seals, MR/level glyphs and Move Speed Quints. I don't know what other players use for her.

I'm no expert though, so keep that in mind.

KaptKirk51

09-05-2012

I agree with Lindre you can build her Tanky/CDR/AP ...Ap/Assasin...or mu personal favorite is AP/AS hybrid to make her passive really hurt.

start with berserkers greaves and amp tome

build amp into fiendish codex

malady and finish codex into nashors tooth

sheen and rylais

game is usually over by then but if it goes long obviously upgrade sheen into lichbane

with her passive, gap closer, and inherent tankiness (good ap ratio on shield) this turns her into a monster that can dish out very good dps even when her skills are on CD

usually take her bot