Jayce is overpowered

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2012

Jayce : I'm Overpowered, *****es! I'm da friggin man!

Jax: Dude, back off. Ive been OP before dominion even came out!

Poppy: Hey, what about meee? Im short but Ill kneecap you in 1 shot.

Yorick: Srsly guys? IM the OP one here... who bot lanes against ME?
Heimer: I do buddy. With a good summoner I can stand against you.
Cassiopia: Me too! I push like a mofo and outrange you quite a bit.

Rammus: WHEEE! I am more OP than ALL of you because I am the fastest one in the field!

Pantheon: IM the most OP! Even the most worthless summoners own with me! Even the ones that give me Triforce! *shudder*

Xin: That's nothing! My summoners build me glass cannon and I still dominate dominion with my sick autoattackey bursty goodness. Like Sun Tsu say, "the best defense is to send your foes flying through the air."

Kassadin: Rammus you suck. I can teleport all over the map and never get caught! I also have a nasty burst and don't have to get right in their grill to do damage.

Warwick: *sniff* I used to be OP tank. /cry

Maphite: I feel your pain. All I did was do well vs the meta and they nerfed the hell out of me.

Blitz: Did someone say OP tank!? Thats meee! I can even do damage here instead of crappy support builds.

Jayce: At least I wont get nerfed!
all others: Seriously? All the pros are taking you toplane in SR.
Jayce: But I don't seem to do all that great in SR, right?
All: Just wait till people build you AD like Panth,Riven instead of silly triforce...

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
Alright since you're serious, let me give you a quick run down.

Riot won't significantly nerf a champion simply because he excels in Dominion, Twisted Treeline, or Proving Grounds. Riot bases their balance around Summoners Rift.

Exactly this, also nerfing champions in favor of Dominion gets the Sr community Pretty mad at Riot and that's something Riot doesn't want, as previosly shown on the "we take back on our Urgot nerfs" patch, and the occassional strayed guy strolling around saying
"Dominionsux big, cuz of you they nurfed Akali and Rammus and remade Jax"
A good example of it is that SInged has always been Op on the treeline and Riot didn't do anything until Dominion came out which is when singed was at his strongest, Riot lowered the time the poison lingered on the air and on you. Singed keeps being Op in the treeline while being a low Elo pubstomper at Dominion but he won't get any more changes jsut because he is unviable in summonner's rift and nerfing him would leave him on "troll" sstatus

Roughly the 80% of lol with like 12% being Dom and 8% being the treeline.

Infirc

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
Jayce : I'm Overpowered, *****es! I'm da friggin man!

Jax: Dude, back off. Ive been OP before dominion even came out!

Poppy: Hey, what about meee? Im short but Ill kneecap you in 1 shot.

Yorick: Srsly guys? IM the OP one here... who bot lanes against ME?
Heimer: I do buddy. With a good summoner I can stand against you.
Cassiopia: Me too! I push like a mofo and outrange you quite a bit.

Rammus: WHEEE! I am more OP than ALL of you because I am the fastest one in the field!

Pantheon: IM the most OP! Even the most worthless summoners own with me! Even the ones that give me Triforce! *shudder*

Xin: That's nothing! My summoners build me glass cannon and I still dominate dominion with my sick autoattackey bursty goodness. Like Sun Tsu say, "the best defense is to send your foes flying through the air."

Kassadin: Rammus you suck. I can teleport all over the map and never get caught! I also have a nasty burst and don't have to get right in their grill to do damage.

Warwick: *sniff* I used to be OP tank. /cry

Maphite: I feel your pain. All I did was do well vs the meta and they nerfed the hell out of me.

Blitz: Did someone say OP tank!? Thats meee! I can even do damage here instead of crappy support builds.

Jayce: At least I wont get nerfed!
all others: Seriously? All the pros are taking you toplane in SR.
Jayce: But I don't seem to do all that great in SR, right?
All: Just wait till people build you AD like Panth,Riven instead of silly triforce...

People still build triforce on Jayce ._.?, i mean i also fell for that noob trap when watching pbe vids, but really, still do it? o.O

lbgsloan

08-27-2012

Apparently. I had a career Jayce bot on my team today (ie 10/10 Jayce games), and he always builds one still. I suppose it doesn't really matter, as Jayce bot in soloq blind pick is a free win unless your top team gets curbstomped.

Reynmaker

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
People still build triforce on Jayce ._.?, i mean i also fell for that noob trap when watching pbe vids, but really, still do it? o.O
So what are the cool kids building on Jayce then ?

NavyGothic

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynmaker View Post
He has absolutely obscene AD ratios on short cooldowns. His W in ranged form alone gives him max attack speed for 3 attacks on a 6 second cooldown with a +30% modifier.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...er_of_Tomorrow

In other words, stack AD like there's no tomorrow (ahaha... sorry), and throw in a bit of CDR / ArPen. The Trinity Force proc is negligible compared to the raw damage from his abilities. When a Trinity Force on Dom looks bad... yikes.

Catnium

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynmaker View Post
brutaliser , attack speed boots , prospecters blade , IE & 40% arp bow game usuallly over by now

Reynmaker

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyGothic View Post
He has absolutely obscene AD ratios on short cooldowns. His W in ranged form alone gives him max attack speed for 3 attacks on a 6 second cooldown with a +30% modifier.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...er_of_Tomorrow

In other words, stack AD like there's no tomorrow (ahaha... sorry), and throw in a bit of CDR / ArPen. The Trinity Force proc is negligible compared to the raw damage from his abilities. When a Trinity Force on Dom looks bad... yikes.
Yeah, read those before I unlocked him but since I'm new to him, I'll still build him hybrid and see how that goes. With only two games played so far, I like Black cleaver after trinity on him, but I'll admit that those ratios had me thinking glass cannon, which is literally what his e>q is.

Reynmaker

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catnium View Post
brutaliser , attack speed boots , prospecters blade , IE & 40% arp bow game usuallly over by now
Tried this. Fook hybrid.

Ikruti

08-28-2012

I had one game as Jayce where I went crazy AD, had 100% crit and 350ish AD. I remember fighting this Singed and absolutely wrecking him. Then he comes back after death and I get obliterated by him. Whoops, didn't notice his thornmail.

The recount said I took around 900 damage from thornmail (that was just from my W + 1 or 2 autos). I had around 60 MR. Doing the math, at 60 MR you get 37.5% reduction, so that 900 was really 1440, and that 1440 was at a 30% return rate, so the unmitigated damage sent out by my W + 1 or 2 autos was 4800.

Yeah, he's utterly ridiculous as pure AD/Crit.