Jayce is overpowered

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

naotasan

08-26-2012

Well then, I guess I haven't fought Jayce enough to have a solid opinion. Thanks for the updates lol

Redeemed In Fire

08-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoonabomber View Post
eve is an incredibly strong champion because of her sustained bursty/sustained damage. The reason why i say this is because all but one of eve's abilities result in immediate damage, and many can be combined to result in even greater amounts of damage. Now before we move on i want to recognise that eve's early game resistances aren't good enough for her to actually drop all this damage before other, stronger early game champions can.

What i'm specifically talking about here is eve's mid to late game. Because of the enhanced movement speed provided by her w and shield from her ultimate it really allows her to jump into things and unload all of that damage while still being pretty tanky. It's almost like having a melee leblanc that can jump into the fight and tank when they unload the bulk of their damage.

This is why i think eve is definitely too strong.
^ftfy

(and funny thing is it's true almost, difference being eve's early actually completely sucks)

MyDeadGrandma

08-26-2012

****s on Jax for 20 minutes bot lane.

Strong enough for me.

naotasan

08-27-2012

I just did a bit of looking around, Yoonabomber posted in a bunch of other forums (even tribunal forums) complaining about Jayce.

I wish this didn't have to bump the thread...

FDru

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
Well.. you know, at a higher level of play, it's pretty hard to do bad with Jayce.

But at those lower levels where people don't know what they're doing, rolling their face across the keyboard won't solve every problem
The thing is that it doesn't matter if he's played optimally, because he still has the edge in a button mash fight. His entire combo puts out a ton of damage for very little mana while slowing you and knocking you back. Very low risk, very high reward.

It doesn't hurt that Q is the longest range poke in the game, does massive damage and has a hitbox the size of a fully stacked Cho'Gath. Guess they didn't want him to be able to miss a skillshot or something ridiculous like that!

larkhill

08-27-2012

funny story, jayce actually doesnt have very good burst dmg. he's great in a sustained teamfight or a poke war but if u can get close to him and burst him, he's an easy target

who's great at lategame burst and can initiate onto anyone he wants? rengar can.

sure he's **** early but once u hit mid game, u ult and blow jayce up before he has time to set up or button mash

Redeemed In Fire

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
funny story, jayce actually doesnt have very good burst dmg. he's great in a sustained teamfight or a poke war but if u can get close to him and burst him, he's an easy target

who's great at lategame burst and can initiate onto anyone he wants? rengar can.

sure he's **** early but once u hit mid game, u ult and blow jayce up before he has time to set up or button mash
No hard CC so jayce just thunks you away and books it with a well-placed combo (either hammer form E > cannon form > gate or gate > hammerform > hammer form E)

SpiderParadox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2012

Jayce is really strong on Dom, but he's sufficiently balanced on SR so we'll probably just have to live with him.

BROSEPHIROTH

08-27-2012

I don't think I've seen a Jayce lose bot lane yet - at least a Jayce who knew what he was doing and not just on his first 1-2 games.

He has ****ing eight abilities I don't know how people can deny that the hero is strong.

Lindre

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
funny story, jayce actually doesnt have very good burst dmg.
I lol'ed.

I think I have a screenshot of him doing 2500 damage in less than 2 seconds somewhere. Also no, not glass either..