Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Early Morde Items?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bad Player

08-26-2012

So I used Morde in his free weeks and loved him, and just bought him today. I've been looking through a few guides, and I'm having trouble deciding what I should do for Morde's earlygame items.

First off, the very first items. I think the best start would be Regrowth Pendant or Boots of Speed, but I'm not sure which one to do. Morde has health costs, so RP helps mitigate that and gives Morde sustain, but it's just going to be sold back so it is in the end a waste of gold, but its sellback price is high so it has a low effective cost, but it still delays buying other, core items. Boots is something every champ needs and is going to take, and gives Morde mobility that he needs (since he has no mobility or cc in his skills).

After that, I'm wondering if I should get Kage's Lucky Pick or Hextech Revolver first. Kage's Lucky Pick is a gp10 item, meaning that the earlier I get it, the more it pays back, plus it's cheaper so I can get it sooner. However, Hextech Revolver works wonders with Morde; it gives AP and spellvamp; when I've played Morde, I've felt that when I get Hextech Revolver is when Morde really starts to rev up.

So... yeah. I just wanted to hear other people's opinion's/insights on this. Should I start with Regrowth Pendant or Boots, and should I get Kage's Lucky Pick or Hextech Revolver first?

Thanks.

ProPlayerEd

08-26-2012

I like to start Boots +3 pots as it gives mobility and good enough sustain from pots to be able to farm up till you can get your next item.

I like to get a Revolver first due to its Spell vamp but occasionally I'd get kages pick first if I know I'm prolly gonna get held behind on farm.

This is just my opinion but I hope it helps

Cenerae

08-27-2012

Boots and 3 pots, then a revolver.

Don't start a regrowth pendant, because it only builds into warmogs, force of nature and shurelya's, none of which are good items for Morde (even though many guides are probably telling you to get a FoN).

Get a Kage's after the revolver unless you feel you're doing well in lane.

Arkzus

08-27-2012

Boots/3 Pots
Cloth Armor/5 Pots
Rejuv Bead/6 Pots
Take your pick.

After that, a lot of people these days tend to build a Hextech Revolver first, which is a solid choice. Personally though, I prefer turning that Rejuv Bead into a Warden's Mail. In strickly a Kage's vrs Revolver scenario though, I'd go with a Revolver.

TheDeFecto

08-27-2012

Quote:
BadPlayer6:
So I used Morde in his free weeks and loved him, and just bought him today. I've been looking through a few guides, and I'm having trouble deciding what I should do for Morde's earlygame items.

First off, the very first items. I think the best start would be Regrowth Pendant or Boots of Speed, but I'm not sure which one to do. Morde has health costs, so RP helps mitigate that and gives Morde sustain, but it's just going to be sold back so it is in the end a waste of gold, but its sellback price is high so it has a low effective cost, but it still delays buying other, core items. Boots is something every champ needs and is going to take, and gives Morde mobility that he needs (since he has no mobility or cc in his skills).

After that, I'm wondering if I should get Kage's Lucky Pick or Hextech Revolver first. Kage's Lucky Pick is a gp10 item, meaning that the earlier I get it, the more it pays back, plus it's cheaper so I can get it sooner. However, Hextech Revolver works wonders with Morde; it gives AP and spellvamp; when I've played Morde, I've felt that when I get Hextech Revolver is when Morde really starts to rev up.

So... yeah. I just wanted to hear other people's opinion's/insights on this. Should I start with Regrowth Pendant or Boots, and should I get Kage's Lucky Pick or Hextech Revolver first?

Thanks.

Mordekaiser was the first hero I unlocked and has been my favorite champion since his release. You can play him top or mid, mid being the most reasonable and solid choice. I start Boots 3 potion and take E level one, maxing it first. I get one level in W at level 4 and max it last. Mordekaiser excels in "AFK farming" his lane. What this means is you clear the minion wave with all of your skills to maximize farm potential. When you can, with permission from your jungler, go to your own Wraith camp after 3:00 minutes and kill them too (after clearing the minion wave in middle). With ward coverage of the enemies Wraith camp you can also do the same as long as you don't put yourself in danger of being killed bye the enemy mid/jungle.

After attaining 1400 gold I go back for my first shopping trip and buy Hextech Revolver, Green Wards and Potions to further secure my laning phase. If you find yourself losing your lane terribly to an enemy Mage, you can always buy a Negatron cloak FIRST to help you soak more damage from them. You can always buy a Chain Vest if you're vs an AD middle but there aren't many items Morde will benefit from other than Randuins that chain vest will build in to.

If you find yourself falling behind I always recommend going Kage's as since they chaged DFG it is viable on Morde, and the constant Gold Per 10 will benefit you if you're having a hard time farming.

TL;DR I play Morde a lot, I love him. Go Boots x3 in to Hextech. Build Abyssal/DCap for dmg. Add Lichbane if you're dominating. Add Rylais For Health/Tanky/Slow, Randuins/Sunfire for Tanky/Damage resist.

Have fun and happy Hue'ing

Jowabunga

08-27-2012

Take this with a grain of salt because I suspect I've played far less Morde than most here:

Actually, I like the Regrowth Pendant into FoN on Morde a lot, rather than pumping the pots. The pendant does a great job at quickly regenerating the HP spent on abilities early-game and takes an extra 30 seconds to heal the same amount of HP a healing pot does, without wasted gold. With FoN, extra movement speed is never a bad thing and Morde's biggest weaknesses are low resistances and health (which are bad for someone who needs to up close and personal). If you end up deciding you don't want FoN you can sell the pendant and only lose 135 gold or so, just slightly more than you'll spend on the 3 pots you'd start with anyway.

Of course, lack of boots can be annoying if the enemy's got a lot of skillshots you need to dance around... YMMV.

Elder Schnelle

08-27-2012

Usually, if i'm going against a skillshot based champ (xerath, ziggs, cassieopeia) i like to start boots+pots, but if it's someone that's I know will probably play extremely passive (morgana) i like to grab the regrowth+pot, because i can play more aggressive and not worry about the counter-harass. Also, i like getting revolver first, regardless of what i start with.

Edit: also, if I need to go top for some reason, i like to build him tanky AP, grabbing abyssal and zhonya's for good defenses, but a strong amount of ap also.

My builds are like this:
Mid: boots+pots or RP+pots
revolver (i usually immediately go back and get it, pushing to their tower first)
sorcerer's boots
kage's
rabadon's
DFG
WOTA(if there's more than one mage on my team, if not, i like to go for gunblade for the extra stats)
rylai's (get this earlier if you need more cc on the team, if not, get it now, or before WOTA)
lich bane( this makes your q hit for around 1.2-1.5k on a single target)
Top:
just replace the DFG for zhonya's and rabadon's for abyssal