Gamebattles Opens Paid Ladders for League of Legends

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jergy

09-18-2010

i heard the Antarctican team was pretty good but there goes their shot at glory!

PhantomGem

09-18-2010

Why is it like that? We all paid real money play all the games and do all the stuff like other people but as soon as a event is about to begin, The chance to prove the skill level of your country or region to the world. Automatically you are not allowed or better chosen words deny the chance to part take or enter Good Job NOTE: THERE ARE MORE REGIONS IN THE WORLD.

Micro102

09-18-2010

So, I guess people who main the underdogs or who don't go with the metagame are just gonna lose?

All the games are gonna turn out as 4 tanks and a carry.

And just wait, I'm sure someone will organize a europe one.

SilverPhantom

09-18-2010

Dear Riot Staff,

Other than yourselves, Americans dont have jobs to pay for this. Perhaps considering Canadians in the next tournaments may be a good idea.

Sincerely,

Sobbing (CAN) Fan

Cyfiver

09-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPhantom View Post
Dear Riot Staff,

Other than yourselves, Americans dont have jobs to pay for this. Perhaps considering Canadians in the next tournaments may be a good idea.

Sincerely,

Sobbing (CAN) Fan
Agree with the Canadians being allowed in the tournaments. Bigger bucks in total and seriously. It just makes sense.

"Other then yourselvs, Americans dont have jobs to pay for this."

It makes sense.. when you read it a few times... but at the same time it's a confusing statement.

Didn't think we had any "southerners" up here in the land of Igloo's and Tukes.

Cy

ThisRiver isWild

09-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfiver View Post
Agree with the Canadians being allowed in the tournaments. Bigger bucks in total and seriously. It just makes sense.

"Other then yourselvs, Americans dont have jobs to pay for this."

It makes sense.. when you read it a few times... but at the same time it's a confusing statement.

Didn't think we had any "southerners" up here in the land of Igloo's and Tukes.

Cy
Agree again let us Canadians spend our money! We are north america as one so let it be thx.

Tapewormz

09-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMLOwl View Post
Up until a week ago, I was the head admin of two of the GB ladders and I checked up on the LoL ladder. The rules were set up fine, it's just there wasn't a lot of activity. PC people are somehow very averse to using the site. In what ways was it run pitifully? There isn't a spectator mode, so the only thing the GB staff can really do is handle disputes, which are easily solved by taking a screen shot of the end-game lobby.

And unfortunately for those outside the US, the paid tournaments must be US only. They would love to expand tournaments to Canada, but the lottery/contest laws up there tend to be convoluted.
If by convoluted you mean excluding quebec like every other lottery that spans both the united states and canada then ok whatever. It's not any more convoluted than the laws that govern each state for lotteries. Each state in the US has their own way of handling lotteries. There's way more states in the united states than provinces in canada.

Be nice if you knew what you were talking about before you open your pie hole.

EDIT: I don't even know why I care. GameBattles runs so poorly it's not even worth useing as a ladder. Click anything on any page of the website and 30-60 seconds later you get an error or a time out. CasesLadder ran smoother than GameBattles. (is that even around anymore? googles casesladder...)

Huntarded

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2010

Is that going to be a Legendary Ryze skin? If it is I would buy it as long as it has unique animations. Some of us don't want to or have the time to sit and play LoL all the time >_<

Contriving StyLe

The Council

09-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMarcou View Post
Would you rather have no events OR let companies structure events, so that they can run in a legal and organized fashion?
No events.