question about alistar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Num01

08-26-2012

I just started to jungle with Alistar, and i'm following this guide http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...-jungle-192525

but later on in tfs, i feel like he just isn't threatening enough to the enemy team when he use up all his combo during the initiation.

So, what items would you guys suggest to make alistar do more damage? or be more dangerous to the other team even when his skills are on cd?

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2012

I generally build him as a tank moreso then a damage dealer. A trinity force might help you by making you more tanky, boosting your AP for more damage from your abilities and passives, and increasing the speed and power of your autoattacks. A frozen heart is also good, with the armor and the cdr, which will bring your abilities up again sooner and make you even more tanky.

Also, if you're trying to use your abilities like an AP burst, that might be the problem. Save them for when they're needed, or at least cycle them to prolong your passive damage. But ideally you want to keep the knockup and knockback for someone trying to escape, chasing a low health member of your team, or channeling an ult, like Nunu or Warwick, that needs to be disrupted.

Num01

08-26-2012

well i use pulverize and headbutt to initiate when there's no one that can on my team. so after i do that, i feel like i'm left powerless. also, that guide has trinity force and frozen heart, so am i just expecting too much from alistar?

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2012

Pulverize and headbutt have fairly short cooldowns as it is, even without building CDR. You should also have a fair amount of melee power, so you should be able to do some work even while they're down, although again your primary role is tank, so if you're expecting carry level damage output, then yes, you are probably expecting too much. You're certainly not powerless, however.