Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Prospectors Ring...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HaIfhearted

08-27-2012

You're getting the mid relic every time against a Nunu?

Is he even trying to take it from you? Cause I can't imagine him losing it to you with that slow and speedbuff of his.

larkhill

08-27-2012

if he gets mid, i get my own. if he goes to get his own, i push the wave and get mid.

i play a lot of turtle/stalemate bot lanes. im pretty comfortable with it against nunu. if he stays pushed up to my tower he's goign to get ganked over and over. if he wants to stall the lane at mid, he wont be able to control mid relic as easily.

the problems arise whey u try to 1v1 him. late game grag can pull it off but as long as u have some form of sustain and wave clear, u'll be fine

HaIfhearted

08-27-2012

Well, being able to hold the lane against something vs actually *beating* them are 2 completely different things.

When you expand the list to things that can stalemate vs Nunu, the champ pool goes up a bit.

But there really isn't anything that can outright *beat* Nunu, which is what I'm getting at, and giving him extra spellvamp only makes that worse.

DiscworldDeath

08-27-2012

I want to see what the mana regen aura changes do.

More than avoiding the laning phase, a really big reason I like Dominion is that I get to use abilities.
If you don't get to use abilities, you're basically a glorified minions.

irott

08-28-2012

Quote:
DiscworldDeath:
I want to see what the mana regen aura changes do.

More than avoiding the laning phase, a really big reason I like Dominion is that I get to use abilities.
If you don't get to use abilities, you're basically a glorified minions.

Agreed.

SR and TT have these short Teamfights where everyone just unloads everything at once and then breaks off when they run out of mana.

The Dom mana regen aura gives more diversity for builds that could never work otherwise, leaving a lot of champ mana starved.

lbgsloan

08-28-2012

I don't think the SV thing will work out, as it ironically benefits the AD casters more than most mages on CS. Urgot getting 6% vamp from every Q? Ugh.

Nyx87

08-28-2012

Quote:
lbgsloan:
I don't think the SV thing will work out, as it ironically benefits the AD casters more than most mages on CS. Urgot getting 6% vamp from every Q? Ugh.

I tested SpellVamp quints on a few champs who might have benefited from it the most(Riven, Urgot, and Pantheon to name a few) and i was largely unimpressed. I felt that the lack of MS or ArmPen Quints in exchange for what ever minute healing i got from the SV was not worth it. Here lies the same issue, Why would AD casters give up 20 AD/5% LS in exchange for 30 AP/6% SV? They wouldn't.

The problem I see with giving this item SV is that SV is not actually all that useful early. There was a post from Morello talking about how Annie with 5% spell vamp consistently landing Q's in lane does not even hold a candle to a Ranged AD Carry with 5% LS(tried looking for it, to no avail). Also, if you decided to give it more than 5% this item then starts competing with Hextech Revolver.

I believe the better route might actually be CDR or Magic Pen, but then you start competing with Hextech Sweeper and Haunting Guise, respectively.

Goronok

08-28-2012

SV is weak early game, no argument. But it's something... something for everyone... mp5 is nothing, if your champ, considering the CS aura, either doesn't need the mana regen, needs a lot more mana regen, or is a manaless AP champ. Something is better than nothing.

That 7 mp5 is only something for a limited number of champs.

And SV is only weak early game... it scales with other items. The proposed ring would have more staying power, as compared to the current one.

konfetarius

08-29-2012

Say... idea. Spellvamp is going to suck, CDR/Mpen competes with early very cheap items anyway...

Why not make it give bonus MS? Would actually help a ton to equalize casters with tanky derps.

Aetherion1234567

08-29-2012

Quote:
konfetarius:
Say... idea. Spellvamp is going to suck, CDR/Mpen competes with early very cheap items anyway...

Why not make it give bonus MS? Would actually help a ton to equalize casters with tanky derps.

^ I like this idea the best out of all the ones presented here, for the same reasons konfetarius stated. I would especially love it on Anivia, who has a hard time with all the gapclosers since she's so slow.