Prospectors Ring...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goronok

08-26-2012

Whenever I play an AP champ, I feel like this thing is... a bit of a waste, and usually avoid it.

Now, this is just my opinion... but I'd love it if they changed it to a mirror of Prospector's Blade, keeping in mind the lower itemization costs of AP items...

+40 AP
+7.5% spell vamp
Unique: +200 health

Or... since some champs like AP Teemo don't get much out of spell vamp...

+40 AP
+5% CDR
Unique: +200 health

DiscworldDeath

08-26-2012

You know it's more about Prospector's being the Dominion version of Doran's?

And that you ARE giving some late game power potential by giving them, right? Because these suggested items are items you're going to keep.

Also, +40 AP?

Dude, this had been mentioned before, and it's a great idea, more power! But a terrible idea... more power...

Who wouldn't get this item and keep it forever?

Goronok

08-26-2012

I see it as Prospectors Ring being the AP version of Prospectors Blade. We're not slaves to SR items that don't even exist here.

And in that comparison, the current Ring falls far short.

On most AD champs, I get the Blade without hesitation, and I *do* generally still have it by the end of the game (although there are clearly potential upgrades, they're not worth it till you're out of slots). What's wrong with bringing the Ring up to that same level?

People are always complaining how mages are so much weaker than on SR. Bringing an AP item up to the level of the "mirror" AD item seems like... progress.

Volandum

08-26-2012

And on most mana using mages I get the Ring without hesitation and generally keep it until I'm approaching full build. It's strong.

Goronok

08-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
And on most mana using mages I get the Ring without hesitation and generally keep it until I'm approaching full build. It's strong.
That's another good point. There are a lot of AP that don't use much mana, and others that don't use mana at all. The 7 mp5 goes from mediocre to useless on them.

How much use does an AP Teemo or a Vlad get out of mp5?

It's a bad stat on an item that's supposed to be nearly universally useful for AP's.

Volandum

08-26-2012

AP Teemo gets quite a bit out of mp5, Vlad doesn't get much, so he starts double ruby and a lot of pots.

It's a fine item, great for a lot of mages who need a bit of MP5 to keep going but don't really want to build a dedicated regen item like chalice or AAS. If I'm starting with a ruby it's generally ruby sapphire or ruby meki anyway, not ruby tome.

Goronok

08-26-2012

I've never oom'd on Teemo, or seen him oom. May be that's just me.

It sure seems limiting either way though. There are certainly AP that don't want mp5... or they can just chalice up and be covered, and the extra mp5 from a ring is overkill.

And this isn't a discussion about the usefulness of mp5 in a vacuum...

The life steal on the blade... it adds to sustain and a bit to survivability on every person that gets it. It's useful to a degree to every AD in the game, and never is it a complete waste.

The idea is to make the two items equal. One has a stat that's situationally useful, depending on champ... the other has a stat that's universally useful on every champ that would ever consider taking it. And the one with the situational stat is the one designed for AP, which are generally considered unfairly weaker on Dominion.

ZenithZephyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2012

Good on Warwick.

aToasterStrudel

08-26-2012

I stack rings on vayne.

HaIfhearted

08-26-2012

I love the mp5. Keeps mah mages running longer.

I still use mana pots too.
I'm a spammy guy.