adc - when to get a 2nd doran blade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aknowsia

08-26-2012

when to not?

Is there a general rule on when to 2nd and when to skip it and go for a bigger item?

Lord Puppy Fury

08-26-2012

I generally like 2 because they give you both health with damage. Combined with a Vamp Scepter, you'll have good sustain in lane. I'd imagine if you're super fed and can afford a BF at 10 minutes or something you could skip to a bigger item.

Vusn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2012

If you have to go back to base and you dont have enough for BF sword, take a 2nd dorans

FaerellG

08-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vusn View Post
If you have to go back to base and you dont have enough for BF sword, take a 2nd dorans
I would like to qualify that with "And you need the extra damage in lane right now"

Because if you're just passively last hitting or you're winning trades already, you don't need another doran's. Get a Vamp Scepter for the life steal for superior sustain. You're going to turn it into a Bloodthirster later anyways.

But yeah, Get a 2nd dorans if:
...You don't have enough for your big items.
and you need the extra power in lane that instant.

TeknoWizard

08-26-2012

Only get one if you feel like you're flat out winning the lane, and raw damage would help more than lifesteal and health.