Guide Recommendations

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Puppy Fury

08-26-2012

I've found a lot of guides and high elo videos that show everything going swimmingly. But, I haven't found a lot that show how to recover from mistakes. Are there any guides/videos like that out there?

Kinuubi

08-26-2012

I haven't seen any guides about recovering mistakes. Imo recovering mistakes is a live and learn thing. Play with an experienced friend or someone high level. They will point out your mistakes and you can learn from it.

dynamicmadman

Lord Puppy Fury

08-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamicmadman View Post
Thank you for that one. I'm nowhere near ranked yet, but it's still really useful.

Also, how do you recover the team when you're the one not making mistakes? If I'm in an okay position gold and xp wise (not fed necessarily, but still on target), but the rest of my team decides to take bait and get themselves quadra-ed, how do I help us come back from that? That's just one example, but if someone insists on soloing and dying, initiating bad team fights and dying, etc, how do I compensate for that and pick up the extra slack?

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2012

Sometimes you can't. If your team is built for late game or teamfighting, it may be possible, but without that, and often even with it, some teams are just not able to come back. It's also generally difficult with randoms - they have no particular reason to listen to you, so leading them to objectives or in teamfights will be much less easy then it would be with a premade team or a group of friends.

As far as trying to recover in general, there are two basic strategies for it as far as I can see. If you have a team built for lategame, you can occasionally benefit from defending your base, farming up the incoming minion waves, and trying to build and level your way to an even position with the other team.

The other thing you can do is try to control the baron - good warding is essential for this, which means if there's an oracle on the other team, you'll want to get rid of it if you can, even if it's on a target you wouldn't normally focus. If you can't get rid of it, or if someone else simply buys a new one, you can try baron baiting to force a fight where you might have an advantage. If you can get wards up and keep them up, you may be able to risk a baron attempt without a teamfight first. You'll also need to stop their baron attempts, because a succesful one will only increased their gold advantage, as well as making them a much more dangerous teamfighting or lane pushing force. Again, this can be difficult if you can't effectively ward the area, which is why it's often worth taking out any oracles as long as it doesn't cost you too much to do so.

If you can't control the baron and can't defend your base, coming back is probably not something you'll be able to do that game. It is what it is, and you can't win everytime, especially if you're grouped with inexperienced or unskilled players, or if you just have alot of mistakes early game.

LarcyBrown

08-26-2012

Targeting, baiting and warding.Ward to give your team vision advantages, youll need someone to go in first to be targeted as meat shield and you need to keep your focus on the most fed on the enemy team no matter wut.

You need to somehow give ur team a teamfight position advantage with just a few wards, and depending on which champion you have get on the right targets right away as the fight start.
This is why duo queue can sometimes be very powerful indeed, since if ur team survives to get to the 40 min mark and is not too far behind. 2 people getting on the right targets and using the other 3 as meat shields is actually more then enough to really win a teamfight this way.
Oh and exaust summoner spell can be ur best friend in cases like that sometimes.