What would you do if your spouse cheated on you?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sailor Cosmos

08-25-2012

I'm mainly conflicted because seeing the little girl in the movie cry really tugged on my heartstrings, but I know what it's like to be raised by two parents who should have divorced long ago. I also know I'm a much more civil, caring, and logical person than my parents.

If my spouse cheated, my main concern would be my child at that point. I'm pretty weak when it comes to children, in the sense that I would do whatever I could for that child to make sure he/she has a happy, healthy childhood.

Parthenrien

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDSandM View Post
I'm mainly conflicted because seeing the little girl in the movie cry really tugged on my heartstrings, but I know what it's like to be raised by two parents who should have divorced long ago. I also know I'm a much more civil, caring, and logical person than my parents.

If my spouse cheated, my main concern would be my child at that point. I'm pretty weak when it comes to children, in the sense that I would do whatever I could for that child to make sure he/she has a happy, healthy childhood.
Pretty much the same, when it comes to kids. I hate seeing them go through bad things. Dealing with the divorce of their parents and/or child abuse, especially. I hatehatehate abusers.

Edit-

That isn't to say divorce is on-level with child abuse. Nor did I mean I can't stand seeing kids deal with divorce, though it really makes me want to give em a hug and help em through it. Child abuse is what my anger was directed towards.

Sailor Cosmos

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchandKiss View Post
Well seeing as how I'm a man, and seeing as how divorce courts are well known to be unfairly biased against men there is no way I would ever risk a divorce; lest I lose all custody and visitation rights.

So with that off the table, I'm left instead to be cuckolded while hiding my secret shame beneath the petticoats of a mistress.
The courts aren't biased towards women. If you do research, there are legitimate reasons, not because a woman is a woman. I would provide sources, but I can't.

A prenuptual agreement is very easy to acquire before marriage.

CatchandKiss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2012

Quote:
The courts aren't biased towards women. If you do research, there are legitimate reasons, not because a woman is a woman. I would provide sources, but I can't.

A prenuptual agreement is very easy to acquire before marriage.
Prenuptuals aren't worth the paper that they're printed on.

Jesus the Friend

08-25-2012

ITT:
A bunch of millennials that will get cheated on more than once by the same person...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDSandM
The courts aren't biased towards women
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KonFewShuN

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus the Friend View Post
ITT:
A bunch of millennials that will get cheated on more than once by the same person...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How does it feel to revolve your life around statistics?

Sailor Cosmos

08-25-2012

I'm not exactly sure if a divorce trial is the same as most other civil trials, but I'm going to assume so.

If you've ever been apart of jury duty, you would see every jurer is interrogated to discover if they are sexist, racist, biased, etc.

I had my first and only jury duty last year. I literally sat there alll day watching nearly the entire group of potential jury candidates be called upon and asked a series of questions.

The defendant was accused of raping and molesting his step daughter. He and his attorney had the right to decline jurers if they felt they could potentially be biased. BOTH attorneys did this, and probably went through at least 30 people. ALL women who claimed to have been raped/molested were dismissed, for obvious reasons...

This is how they rid potential "bias" in the courts, by questioning each individual and forcing a unanimous vote.

My butt hurt so much. I was there for probably 10ish hours. Even the judge confessed it was one of the longest jury duty sessions he's ever experienced.

I was never called on, but that was probably because after our first recess, I walked up to the judge and asked if I could be exempt from the whole situation. I do not care to partake in a decision that determines someone's future. It was quite funny. I had my Hello Kitty bag and cute "scene" attire and I couldn't help but smile walking up to his podium. He smiled back.

UrsaMinor

08-25-2012

Depends on how toxic the relationship is. As long as my "wife" (I don't consider her my wife if she cheats on me) isn't a total b*tch, I would try to work it out for the children. If we're fighting or malicious to eachother for most of the day, I would consider breaking it off. I never liked when my parents fought as a child.

CatchandKiss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2012

Quote:
I had my Hello Kitty bag and cute "scene" attire and I couldn't help but smile walking up to his podium. He smiled back...
Go on.

Parthenrien

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchandKiss View Post
Go on.

I'd laugh if I weren't so saddened by the placement of this.