Rengar is viable!

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HailSing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2012

I find him to be a bit weaker than most melee

but considering that he is manaless, he is really good for "free"

Hints when playing Rengar:

1. spam skills, you want to have as many charges of ferocity as possible (mindlessly spam skills is viable. but slow down when you are at 4 stacks, that is when variations and planning is required. Make sure your W hits something for a charge and use Qs on structures will prepare you for encounters)
2. Having full ferocity then do a double stab with Q is powerful (and fun)
3. depending on the match up, if you can take the damage, go for Trinity, else always go for frozen mallet
4. Rengar has naturally high armor when he levels. May want to put some attention to magic resist with Maw or some other magic resistance items
5. Though it is tempting to buy health regen, it is much better if you can focus on getting health back with life steal.
6. Playing passively will get you killed (and weak).
7. Don't sell bonetooth necklace. The extra range on your passive, the extra movement speed, the cooldown reduction are all crucial to Rengar. (the range on passive is too good to pass up)
8. Don't be afraid to pop your ult just to know where your enemies are. Even just for scouting for your team and get free ferocity charges it is a worthwhile skill with no "cost".
9. It is not a bad idea to pop ult then run when you are low on health
10. Rengar's ult gives him movement speed, it is useful for chasing down enemies. If you use ghost, popping ult then ghost from base to mid lane and jump right into your unsuspecting enemy in mid is priceless (with an empowered Q for maximum pain! not to mention the second Q that follows)

My build:
Runes (key stat: 24 mrez, 31 armor at lv 18. 3% movement speed and 15% attack speed)
9x attack speed mark
9x armor per level seal
9x mrez per level glyph
2x movement quint
1x armor per level quint

Mastery (key stat: 3% life steal, 3% spell vamp, 2% movement speed, 10% magic and armor penetration, 4% attack speed and 4% cooldown reduction)

Items:
Berserker's boots (Merc's also work, helps with his low m rez)
Bonetooth necklace
Maldred's blood razor
Frozen Mallet (or Trinity Force, still trying to figure out which one to use)
Blood Thirster
Maw of Malmortius

Notable stats with a full build:
9 % cooldown reduction (4% from mastery + 5% on bone tooth)
40% attack speed from mastery + boots. Another 40% is applied with Maldred's
5% movement speed boost from rune + mastery and a lil bit more from stacks on BoneTooth
140 ish armor and 100ish magic resistance
404 AD

Desolyt

08-25-2012

I don't take advice from women

Shahnaz

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice Hazel View Post

hints when playing Rengar:

1. Don't pick Rengar
Fixed.

Just look at my name, if I say that about a ****ing LION champion, I don't say it with joy, but Rengar sucks, and that's all she wrote.

Olaeceae

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolyt View Post
I don't take advice from women
You don't listen to your own moma? Shame on you.

Likerdos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2012

I was gonna like this,but as you don't say to max E first,then I know you don't truely play Rengar

HailSing

08-25-2012

Though Rengar's E is powerful (I have netted kills with his E) it is advised to max Q first.

Q is your bread and butter. A nice stab with Q with such a short cooldown will make sure you are always ready to stab someone

HailSing

08-25-2012

bump!

Kerbere

Recruiter

08-25-2012

Haven't really played Rengar yet but going to, thanks for the advice!

HailSing

08-25-2012

there you are :P

I wasn't gonna pick up Rengar but I picked him up after people where bashing him.

I find him to be powerful and fun. If they buff him, he will be godly.

Also, I ended up with 404 AD with a full build
which means at least 1000 damage from an empowered Q (without using trinity). It was too fun. Trinity force was not used cuz I needed the survivability and constant slow from frozen mallet.

It was like a cat playing with its already dead prey, letting the prey run around in fear before the cat gets bored goes in for the kill.

KissBlade

08-25-2012

I think maxing W is stronger than Q.

12345 ... 8