Mid champions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Man

08-25-2012

I'm looking to become a good mid laner and wondering what champions I should unlock and be familiar with.

Currently the only mid champions I have are akali, vlad, katarina so obviously that will not do

What champions should I unlock first? Was considering kennen.

Edit: Oh and I also have annie and veigar

SuperTanky

08-25-2012

The ones u have are good mid. kennen is good as well. Take a look at gragas, anivia, and tristana as well. Karthus is great mid too.

Crow024

08-26-2012

Depends on your play style. The ones I mid with mostly these days are Kennen, Gragas, Anivia, and Ahri

Kennen can sit in lane forever and is incredibly safe. He isn't hard to learn but takes some skill to get used to stunning and timing when to hit with his skills to go in for a kill.

Gragas I just picked up so still trying to learn him. His poke is awesome, he can farm like no other. Team fights he does a whole lot, his ult is great for setting up banks from your jungler, team fights or just cleanup.

Anivia is a very difficult champ to play well but a lot of fun. I'm still learning her as well. She has crazy burst if you do her skills properly. Insane team utility and her ult(a wall) can change the entire fight but can also eff everything up hard.

Ahri is another one I feel is safe and fun with her ult. Her charm is amazing. As well as her mobility.

Edit: Take with a grain of salt these are just champs I enjoy and haven't even hit 30 yet, just slogging through lol

Anna Sachae

08-26-2012

Always Ahri. She's good for just about any situation in mid. Pokes, CC, mobility, teamfights, sustain...she's not the best at any one of those things, but she does all of them pretty well. Makes her a good "Mario" choice, when you're not sure what you want your mid to do.

If you're good at landing combos (with Akali and Kat, I'd assume so) Swain is a great pick. He has ungodly sustain, his damage is deceptively strong, and he's got plenty of CC and teamfight presence. Plus, he can also run top. Gives you another option there.

Morgana is always solid. Impossible to dislodge, good sustain, teamfighting...the only issue I have with her is that her combo feels sluggish and weak. I guess she's more of a matter of taste. I'd keep her in mind. Likewise Lux, only with less sustain and more CC.

ZeOverlord

Recruiter

08-26-2012

I would think LeBlanc or Morde are viable choices....]
LeBlanc is a fun and epic mid laner...
Morde is just beast at farming.......
Hope I helped...

Anna Sachae

08-26-2012

LeBlanc wouldn't be one I'd recommend to most people, just because of how hard she needs to snowball to be effective...but with Akali and Kat on his list, that actually might work out for him. She's just as much of an assassin as those two are, and has a TON more survivability than Kat does. Might wanna look into her.

KROTANK

08-26-2012

Kassadin is essential becuase he's difficult.

The most important thing to do in mid lane is to outfarm your opponent - kassadin is especially difficult to farm with; if you can farm well with kassadin, you'll farm well with other champs.

That, and he's just an amazing anti-ap carry; you'll never play him in ranked, but it's important that you know how to should the opportunity arise. He's the be-all, end-all of anti-mage assassins.

Atacand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Sachae View Post
LeBlanc wouldn't be one I'd recommend to most people, just because of how hard she needs to snowball to be effective...but with Akali and Kat on his list, that actually might work out for him. She's just as much of an assassin as those two are, and has a TON more survivability than Kat does. Might wanna look into her.
I agree with Anna. Leblanc is not a well rounded champion. She can be very effective in certain situations but she can also be easily counterpicked.

If you are looking to learn champions that are well rounded as opposed to specific counterpick champions, I'd suggest you take a look at other champs before picking her up. Her playstyle is pretty straight forward, but keeping up in cs takes a bit of practice.

My suggestion for mid champions

Ryze
Ahri
Orianna
Karthus
Anivia
Zyra
Morgana

Hope this helps!

PsychoticTroll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2012

Ryze and Karthus are great mid picks because both even built tanky mid, can have extreme damage. Karthus has good late game and can easily pick kill with ult with a well coordinated team.

DessicatedWiener

08-26-2012

There's actually a tier for champions, but in solo queue it probably doesn't matter. Anyway, the high tier champs, which you see in tournies and such, are
karthus
ryze
gragas
cassiopeia
twisted fate
morgana
and vladimir, but usually vlad is top