Which Jungler?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mungril

08-25-2012

I'm looking for a jungler with great ganks, scales well and is an all round decent champion. Please state your recommendations below. Thanks.

By the way I own, Lee sin, Malphite, Jax, Rammus, Shen and Olaf.

AskKarthus

08-25-2012

Amumu. Has decent early ganks, but he really comes on a 6. His ulti can be game changing. He gets very tanky. His only problem is a blue buff reliance.

I'm a fan of Evelynn, I wouldn't recommend her unless you really know what you are doing with her, as she can be incredibly difficult to play. She is reliant on red for early ganks, but is not reliant on blue.

Jesot

08-25-2012

All 5 of those fit your description. I had a crazy good jungle Jax game today.

You could also try Maokai. His ulti is incredible for initiating and closing the gap.

asfzx

08-25-2012

Dr.Mundo, Nocturne and Nautilus could all be used as they have great ganking potential and can go into different roles as the game progresses.

Edzter

08-26-2012

buy nocturne and you have all the junglers you need (unless you like playing shivana)

Cenerae

08-26-2012

If the scaling well part is critical...

I'd say Mundo or Nocturne, honestly. Their ganks are a little iffy (though Nocturne's are great at 6+), but they scale pretty nicely.

Could also try Shyvana, but her ganks are bad unless the opponent is overextended.

Mungril

08-26-2012

After reading your comments and recommendations, I'm interested in Shyvana, Udyr, Mundo, Maokai and Nocturne. Which one or two of these junglers rise above the others when it comes to scaling, ganking and damage. Thanks.

Etherimp

08-26-2012

Mundo and Maokai scale well into late game thanks to their tanky/support nature.

Udyr scales better than the other two on damage.

Cenerae

08-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungril View Post
After reading your comments and recommendations, I'm interested in Shyvana, Udyr, Mundo, Maokai and Nocturne. Which one or two of these junglers rise above the others when it comes to scaling, ganking and damage. Thanks.
In terms of LATE game damage...Nocturne and Shyvana will be your strongest two, then Mundo, then Udyr, then Maokai. Given you don't typically build junglers for raw damage output (usually a bad idea since they tend to be melee, and squishy + melee = dead), it means they're more reliant on maybe 1-2 damage items and their scaling. Udyr could be placed higher but you tend to spend a lot of time in bear stance stunning people.

In terms of early game damage, Shyvana, Udyr and Nocturne are the powerhouses, then Mundo, then Maokai.

As far as ganking goes...Shyvana is awful at it, Mundo is reliant on hitting his cleavers, Nocturne's ganks are meh pre-6 then become amazing, Udyr's ganks are decent, and Mao's ganks are amazing.

Scaling is largely a moot point when comparing these champs since all of them will be useful in teamfights late game, and it's difficult to say who does it better since it depends on the team comp.

Quite honestly though, rather than try to cherry pick the 'best' jungler, you should opt for the one that appeals to you the most from an aesthetic and thematic point of view. You might end up picking a powerful champion but hate their playstyle otherwise - I made this mistake when I got Lee Sin.

Lord Puppy Fury

08-26-2012

Based on this guide: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...s-he-do-114118 (which you should really look at if you jungle), I picked up Kayle. She clears fast and has a freaking 4 second slow at level 1 (if you take Q first - which you shouldn't). If you land that Q during a gank, you're at least going to burn a flash. Plus, she's lethal in her own right so she isn't overwhelmingly dependent on coordination from the lane. Her ult is incredible though it takes some judgement on when to use it and who to use it on.