Sona's Passive?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ToBeSomebody

09-16-2010

I don't quite understand it.

"Additionally, Sona's Auras persist for 3 seconds after deactivating and set off a 2 second global cooldown."

When it says "after deactivating," what is it referring to that's deactivating? The auras?

And what does the last part mean? "set off a 2 second global cooldown"?

turtlejay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2010

My guess is like Udyr's stances. When you use one, the others are on cooldown for like a second or two before you can switch.

EquisScry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2010

This character isn't even out yet, why are you asking questions about her? Wait for the release.

Naukuga

Recruiter

09-16-2010

You can toggle her aura's on and off, when you deactivate them you trigger a 2 second GCD, the effect persists 3 seconds from deactivation
meaning you can have 1 second of overlap

DoctorVillious

09-16-2010

My assumption, which someone with actual knowledge may want to correct me, is that while she's playing it drains mana per second, or that you have to turn off an ability before you can select a new one. The 2 second global cooldown is likely to keep people from being able to roll their fingers back and forth to spam all the buffs and abilities over and over again like Udyr can. (Edit: Not meaning anything negative towards Udyr with that comment)

ToBeSomebody

09-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EquisScry View Post
This character isn't even out yet, why are you asking questions about her? Wait for the release.
Why do you test-drive a car before you buy it?

Because her page is up and I'd love an understanding of her before I buy her. Troll elsewhere.

Thank you Naukuga. I wasn't aware her abilities were toggle abilities. So much like turtlejay said, you can have one active at a time much like Udyr's stances and a short overlap of different auras. Thanks for clarification.