@Sauron, Nekrogen, inFeed, Dominion-playing Reds: Xin Zhao tips?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tortferngatr

08-25-2012

I tried him out on bots for his free week.

Any advice before I take him to actual games? I'm starting boots+pots+phage components, but I've also found Xin likes lifesteal, making me wonder if a Prospector's Blade might not be more worth my while as a starting item.

I go for a piecemeal crit build with Ionian Boots, Triforce, Youmuu's, and Executioner's Calling. Any advice on my overarching build? I'm hypothesizing Guinsoo's might actually be good on him (attack speed+AP for W heal), but I'm not certain.

I'm going 9/21/0, with Revive/Exhaust as summoner spells.

Thank you,
Tortferngatr.

Sauron

08-25-2012

XZ uses all of his skills at once so Trinity isn't that great. Take IE in its place unless you fancy more life steal due to Thornmails. Phage is still a good buy though.

Starting items depends on if you need that extra damage to kill the laner early. XZ can do this really well, and if the enemy laner lacks a disengage a PBlade might be the right choice.

aToasterStrudel

08-25-2012

I thought I told you already about the forehead pads and the direction in which to roll your head.

>.<

lbgsloan

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by aToasterStrudel View Post
I thought I told you already about the forehead pads and the direction in which to roll your head.

>.<
Hey now, that's totally unfair.

If you roll your face, your ult might come out at the wrong time.

Tortferngatr

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
XZ uses all of his skills at once so Trinity isn't that great. Take IE in its place unless you fancy more life steal due to Thornmails. Phage is still a good buy though.

Starting items depends on if you need that extra damage to kill the laner early. XZ can do this really well, and if the enemy laner lacks a disengage a PBlade might be the right choice.
I actually liked it more because of the movespeed/Phage upgrade than the Sheen proc. I've also been taking him top lane, not bot.

Perhaps a better alternative for Zeal upgrade/movespeed would be Phage->Phantom Dancer, getting Frozen Mallet (or Entropy) later?

EDIT: Nvm, actually read an SR Xin guide that pointed out Youmuu's is more effective.
EDIT2: Actually, I noticed that in a prolonged mid-game engagement Xin went occasionally OOM. Perhaps Triforce is good as a late-game Phage upgrade for Xin? (sure the on-hit proc is wasted, but the stats Triforce gives are all at least somewhat appreciated on Xin.)

MMKH

08-25-2012

Nashor's tooth and Youmuu's for max CDR, the rest situational.

DiscworldDeath

08-25-2012

I usually go P. Blade, boots 1, 2 hp pots to start, naturally.
Then Brutalizer, phage, Sanguine Blade, Youmou, defensive items?
Hexdrinker if I must :P

I want to try Executioner's and IE instead of Sanguine. The extra gold cost is an issue though.

If I go b with enough gold after I have Brutalizer, I do get BFS before Phage.

Last Whisper where needed.