Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Which champions are ban worthy, and why?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reikken

08-25-2012

The title pretty much says it all. And note that the why is the important part. What makes them worthy of being banned?

I don't necessarily mean draft either (if that makes any difference), just that they're worthy of being banned if they could be. I can't even play draft because queue times.

thanks

larkhill

08-25-2012

its a few patches out of date but the majority of it is still very relevant.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2244698

Volandum

08-25-2012

Sauron did update his Tier List though on his return, so that is up to date.

Infirc

08-25-2012

they are still ban worthy though, even if it's outdated, Urgot's changes were reverted back and Yorick got hit on his Minion heal on Minions he still can scare people away from lane. Jayce and Lulu haven't been touched and well Diana is sort of new. Kassadin got lower base damage but-20 damage is hardly noticeable compared with his i'm everywhere thing that defines him.

Wukong is seriusly ban Worthy because his armor reduction is a Targeted armor reduction meaning that everyone on your team benefits from it and it's not a small amount it allows tanks to be tanky dpsers, tanky dpsers to be really damaging and full carries to be walking nightmares of doom if you don't take them out soon. also when the Crushing blow+Cyclone combo together with a character that has enough damage it can sweep your whole team.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

08-25-2012

I'm not sure if Jayce is a must ban, but he's very strong top and bottom lane. He can gap close, kite, has steroid, has range, 20% hp dmg (more than poppy gets), has team speed boost, has brush check, has armor reduction, does magic and physical damage, a speed boost on his ultimate, and is naturally tanky.

The only thing he lacks is a global. He has mobility, damage, range, tankiness, utility.

WaterD103

Recruiter

08-25-2012

The only really must bans imo are Kassadin and Urgot. Yorick is marginally close to it though. The rest I don't really care much.

konfetarius

08-25-2012

Always ban Lulu. Make Zimike cry.

Soul of Infirc

01-21-2014

I wonder how this discussion would be in the current times...

Genericke

01-21-2014

Kassadin Kha'Zix and Nidalee are still your 3 must bans.

After that it comes down to what you know the other team can play as well as preference. Teemo, Urgot, Lulu, Jayce, Wukong, Zyra, Kayle, Brand, Maokai, Janna, Talon, and Leona all regularly see themselves being banned.

Orphane

01-21-2014

Quote:
Soul of Infirc:
I wonder how this discussion would be in the current times...

Thuzadin Seal of Approval

aka why didn't you just make a new thread