Diana will be restricted for NA Regionals

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jassu

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFG View Post
Maybe they should have been doing that for the past 2 years. Maybe they care more about the drop in revenue then the terrible game balance their new champions generally seem to encourage.
Bit of a stretch for such an accusation.

NoIntestines

08-25-2012

I support this decision.

QuestForDankWeed

08-25-2012

Inb4 "Why her? Diana isn't that strong."

Narcindin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2012

Why is diana being restricted when so many other champions have not been in the past? Zyra was hotfixed to bring her powerlevel down. Orianna was a very powerful champion near her release that changed the tournament landscape for some time. Neither of these champions were restricted.

I know that riot does not want potentiallly broken champions for Regionals, however if she is too out of line she will be banned, and if she is not, what better place to find out? Ali is perennially banned, or leaving teams regretting not banning him. However he has not been changed or restricted.

What I am asking is what makes Diana different?

QuestForDankWeed

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcindin View Post
Why is diana being restricted when so many other champions have not been in the past? Zyra was hotfixed to bring her powerlevel down. Orianna was a very powerful champion near her release that changed the tournament landscape for some time. Neither of these champions were restricted.

I know that riot does not want potentiallly broken champions for Regionals, however if she is too out of line she will be banned, and if she is not, what better place to find out? Ali is perennially banned, or leaving teams regretting not banning him. However he has not been changed or restricted.

Making my best guess

1) Since she was restricted at a previous tourney, the same is being done here to make it fair
2) Riot is trying something new to improve their tournaments. I personally like the idea of new champions being restricted in tournament patches (For the tournaments only, of course)
3) Riot fudged up with making Diana too strong, but she wasn't so blatantly OP that she needed a hotfix (Like Zyra). So, as not to take ban slots or risk her wrecking games, she would be restricted.

YoshioPeePee

08-25-2012

diana is being restricted because riot has determined that she is over powered and they are unable to get the patch fixing her out before the qualifiers

the qualifiers for the finals is a very important tournament for riot so they don't want to take any chances with a champion that they feel breaks the game currently

i like the move, champions that riot really really wants to immediately nerf in the next patch should be restricted for tournies if they can't or don't want to do a hotfix, especially new champions

this coming patch seems very much geared toward balance changes for tournament play anyway. Corki nerfs? Who the heck plays corki outside of high elo and the pros? who levels essence flux first outside that scene?

that patch preview had NERF DIANA in huge flashing letters so regardless of how strong she is in any other tier, in tourney play she is just obviously OP

the other changes in the patch preview don't seem like such tourney breaking situations, you can hold a tourney with only 3 top ad carries if you have to

EFG

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassu View Post
Bit of a stretch for such an accusation.
So is this not exactly what they've done since the start of season 1 then?. Yeah. I thought so.

ZetsubouFallen

08-25-2012

I think they aren't allowing her to be played cuz Diana was practically released on Rengar patch, since there had been some bug fixing-hotfix between Diana and Rengar patch.

Hidden Sniper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2012

Anyone who has played for a long time has noticed the new champions are better stat-wise than old. Examples would be old Garen having lower armor due to gaining free armor. New ones don't have that type of logic (Shyvana for example). Another example would be how every "new" ranged AD has 305-310 movespeed. Another example would be every top lane champion that comes out doesn't have any sort of mana/resource problems, unlike top champions in the past (see Rengar vs Rene, Panth vs others). That would be my guess as to one reason why, as in the patch preview they said her base stats were too high for having shield/damage/etc.

RECTAL INSANiTY

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcindin View Post

More experience?