Are there any champs not reliant on a good connection?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doc Swiss

Senior Member

08-25-2012

Title, basically. My connection is really inconsistent and the ISP won't do anything because I'm in the middle of nowhere, but I still enjoy this game enough to want to keep playing, despite my ping going over 9000 about once every two or three matches. (Seriously, sometimes it goes to about 20,000)

Any champ recommendations?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheDjinni

Senior Member

08-25-2012

No.

Like most real-time multiplayer games, reaction speed and proper timing is an important skill in LoL and you simply will do nothing but hold your team back if you continually experience lag spikes. If you can't play with one champ you can't play with any.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hsuanl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-25-2012

u mean 900 and 2000?

well
fizz's E requires less than 750 lag for the second jump: the .75 sec is the time you get untargetable
things like zilean, kayle, and trynd R that makes you invinc also requires good timing,
blitzcrank's grab is really hard to land with lags
most skillshots are harder to land


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsuanl View Post
u mean 900 and 2000?

well
fizz's E requires less than 750 lag for the second jump: the .75 sec is the time you get untargetable
things like zilean, kayle, and trynd R that makes you invinc also requires good timing,
blitzcrank's grab is really hard to land with lags
most skillshots are harder to land
Being able to use the 'second jump' with Fizz isn't the issue, if you're almost a second behind, you likely won't ever even get the first jump off...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LegendaryLemur

Senior Member

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Swiss View Post
Title, basically. My connection is really inconsistent and the ISP won't do anything because I'm in the middle of nowhere, but I still enjoy this game enough to want to keep playing, despite my ping going over 9000 about once every two or three matches. (Seriously, sometimes it goes to about 20,000)

Any champ recommendations?
Start your own ISP. If the connection is that bad, other people in your area are probably experiencing the same issues. Talk to them, pool your resources and give it a go.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jarzelia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-25-2012

I've always heard that Sona is the easiest to play champ while lagging or at 4 FPS. /joking

But yeah, ideally, you should find a way to fix that connection.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doc Swiss

Senior Member

09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsuanl View Post
u mean 900 and 2000?
No, I wasn't exaggerating at all, but I wish I was.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hukuna

Member

09-02-2012

Yo are really goin to need to fix your connection, you are playing on the correct server for your reigion right? I can't really think of why you would be lagging this bad other than that...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArmoredDragonIMO

Senior Member

09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Swiss View Post
No, I wasn't exaggerating at all, but I wish I was.
If you're really doing that bad, you should probably go with a satellite provider. RTT is about 1 second regardless of your location. 9000 and 20000 is 9 seconds and 20 seconds respectively.

Ideally for any multiplayer game at all, you want under a quarter of a second, or less than 250ms. For FPS games, anything over 200 is pretty much unplayable.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Habimaru

Senior Member

09-03-2012

Out of all the different Champion-guides that I've read thus far, one said that Karma was the most latency forgiving champion, but over 9000 is probably stretching that forgiveness for any champion, let alone the whole entire game itself, unless you're only doing Co-Op, and even then, likely on Beginner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Swiss View Post
Title, basically. My connection is really inconsistent and the ISP won't do anything because I'm in the middle of nowhere, but I still enjoy this game enough to want to keep playing, despite my ping going over 9000 about once every two or three matches. (Seriously, sometimes it goes to about 20,000)

Any champ recommendations?
(Post-Tracking: Habimaru)


12