Eve Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dark Ajax

08-25-2012

Hello summoners,

I was wondering what builds do you have for Eve (especially in the light of the new patch). I personally build her AD (with a hextech gunblade for some AP sometimes and triforce) with maximizing E first.

What about you guys? Is that a the optimal build to go? Or does an AP eve hold her own?

Cheers.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2012

I've mained Evelynn since last October. Yes, the nerfed as hell Eve. I love the new patch.

I have 2 different ways I build Evelynn, Straight assassin or Tanky DPS. I'm falling more and more in love with Tanky DPS Eve, because with just a sheen she does absurd damage. I top and Jungle Eve.

Tanky DPS I will build a sheen/BoM or Swiftness(Its rare I buy swiftness, but if I notice people just barely getting away I will get swiftness, that extra 20 movement really does help there.) From there, I will build a Hog, then GA. Then I finish hog into Randuins. From this point I make a decision, if I need more damage I'll finish Trinity, if I am still doing plenty of damage I'll build situationally, but usually will will buy an Aegis because its a cheapway to get armor/mr and health.

With your Ultimate, Armor/MR is much more important than health, because if you hit 3 you're getting 750 health that MR/Armor will scale off of. That makes you ultimate that much more potent. From this point, its near late game and everything is situational. If I need more damage and they have MR I'll build a Maw of Malmortius, if they have a lot of AD Damage I'll grab a thornmail. Usually my last item will always be damage, I prefer getting a Bloodthirster on Tank, because it makes it that much harder to empty your life pool.

If I go Assassin, which is more fun but less effective IMO, I will go Sheen/Bom(swift again if needed), Then go straight for an Infinity edge. I feel finishing Trinity does not give the same damage as Infinity Edge early, then I will finish Trinity or build a GA. Even as assassin, you need survivability.

After I get that core, I'll build a Bloodthirster for the sustain, then I'll build an Axe for the armorpen. If you get this far, again its situational but I usually end up buying an Randuins because that active is absurd when used with your Ult late game. Ult team, pop active, eat carry.

As far as runes I have a basic set I use with all:
Flat AD Reds
Armor Yellows
Flat AP Blues
Movement Speed Quints

The movement speed quints ARE NOT a recommendation, its a must. I've been maining the new Eve since she came out, and I've tried everything else. NOTHING keeps you on them and secures the kill as well as movement speed. I hate using my quints for utility, but trust me.

Masteries:
Tanky 0/21/9 Take movement and reduce damage as much as possible for high health jungle clear.
Assassin: 21/9/0 take an average AD carry slice, with minion damage reduce/Health regen on defensive.

If you want to see my match history with Evelynn feel free to search, my ranked stats are also there. I've only had one bad ranked game with Evelynn, even if I did lose.

AP Evelynn is played entirely different, I've tried her and her Q does a lot of sustained damage, but she lacks the burst of AD Evelynn and I just find it easier to build her hybrid or straight AD. Hybrid actually works better in Dominion.

islesofurth

08-25-2012

personally i like AP eve, with a death-fire AP eve can burst someone down to 40%hp easily with just death-fire and ult, then finish them with a few Q's and E

AP eve is also a good support/ganker with some damn good aoe dmg

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2012

I'm not not saying AP Evelynn isn't viable, she just doesn't suit me. I hate waiting for a DFG to do burst damage. She works with top/jungle, she just doesn't fit the way I like to play. Without her ult and DFG she has no burst. If I'm AP, I want burst at will.

Enygm4

08-25-2012

Lol!!
Reimi I'm ashamed I have never seen any Eve off-tank but I want to try her.
And I have some doubts.
Why tanky Eve? She's pretty squishy always even with your ulti.
And can you give me some advices about lane Eve, because I can't play her there, only jungle, I love Eve's ganks.
Which is the skill order for both Eve's?

Dark Ajax

08-26-2012

I have pretty much played Eve as an Assassin (at least in my book). My build is usually like:

Cloth and 5 pots
Wriggles/Boots of Mobility
Phage/Sheen
Hex
Triforce
Madred (I usually get this earlier if the team is tanky)/replace with wits end if I need some MR
Maw (sell Wriggles)
GA

As you can see, I am still a little confused about my build (it varies a lott according to their team comp). I haven't been able to go straight up AD damage (Infinitity/Bloodthirster) yet but that sounds interesting to do.

As for the tanky build.. definitely something to look into.

Thanks for the advice (man now I can't wait for the buffs).

So AD is the way to go, I am thinking then, yes?

Dark Ajax

08-28-2012

bump

Sephïroth

08-28-2012

Here's my skill order for jungle Eve:
Q
E
W
Q
W
E->MAX
Q-MAX
W

I get two points in Q to clear the jungle faster, that extra 20 really helps.
I go straight defensive masteries, and she doesn't seem to be that naturally squishy to me... but I am used to playing the old Eve, who was god awfully squishy.

She still is fairly squishy early game, but one you start your GA, most teams are AD heavy anyways, with your armor yellows/ Chain mail/Cloth you should be sitting pretty.

I ALWAYS start boots.

I usually go straight AD. It just scales with your kit and gives you AA damage. I'm still indifferent on weather Hextech or Bloodthirster is better. I lean towards Bloodthirster simply because its cheaper. The slow of Hextech is the only thing that keeps me trying it.

That said, on offtank Eve I almost always take Hextech over BT because its my last item, and that slow can help you.

NoneLikeRob

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygm4 View Post
Lol!!
And can you give me some advices about lane Eve, because I can't play her there
Which is the skill order for both Eve's?
Best advice you will get for laning Eve: DONT!

In lane her passive is pretty much completely useless because of the relatively large line of sight that her stealth is inactive. Eve is a true assassin, even if you aren't jungling and only roaming, she is meant to surprise the enemy. Even with the range of sight, if she pops in behind you when you have the laner coming at you from the other side, it's not usually going to end well without a well timed flash or ghost.

Sephïroth

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinistar View Post
Best advice you will get for laning Eve: DONT!

In lane her passive is pretty much completely useless because of the relatively large line of sight that her stealth is inactive. Eve is a true assassin, even if you aren't jungling and only roaming, she is meant to surprise the enemy. Even with the range of sight, if she pops in behind you when you have the laner coming at you from the other side, it's not usually going to end well without a well timed flash or ghost.
Eve is a STRONG top. You just have to know how to last hit with Hate spike, and if you're low on mana just push and wait it out.

I can effectively eat Darius, Riven, Olaf, and other tanky DPS up top because of my W and my Q to farm.

Also, Teemo is not a counter for Eve, she dominates Shen, Yorick is a tie, Garen and Malphite is a stalemate, Vladd and Talon are somewhat of a problem.