Should duo queue mm be improved?

It's fine as it is 61 17.78%
Lower the elo boost the duo queuers get 63 18.37%
Increase the elo boost the duo queuers get 16 4.66%
Remove duo queue 203 59.18%
Voters: 343. You may not vote on this poll

Should Solo Queue be a real Solo Queue?

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Loktor

09-16-2010

Generally mm works ok but one thing that really screws it over sometimes is that duo queues get to much elo boosts. I just had a game where i had an 1270 shen in my team because of a duo queuer (i was at 1560 before that game). He clearly didn't belong in that game even when he duo queue it's just stupid that he gets an boost high enough to play in my game, there should be enough players around 1400 or at least 1300 to make matches that are even. That being said it doesn't really happen often and most of the time mm works fine for me in solo queue its just sometimes that there are those games where you get the feeling that you have one player that clearly shouldn't be in your game . Maybe lower the elo boost duo queues get or make the solo queue a real solo queue. Just my thoughts on mm its working a lot better than it worked in beta and its still improving, most of the time the matches are fine but sometimes there are those flaws

Another reason why duo queue isn't that optimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visualcode View Post
The idea of duo-queue in itself is unfair. Think about it, you have a 5-slot team, you cannot fill this with 2s. This means that no matter what you REQURE people to play SOLO. If you REQUIRE people to play solo in order for the system to work, then why are those of us making the system work being punished? We can't win but you need us so that the others can play? This is ridiculous, change it.

Karalius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2010

remove duo queue.

or AT LEAST, don't give them first pick/bans.

HotshotGG

09-17-2010

Remove duo Q and tighten the ELO gaps. 1950 players Qing with 1400-1500 players is just dumb.

Tuberculosis

09-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotshotGG View Post
Remove duo Q and tighten the ELO gaps. 1950 players Qing with 1400-1500 players is just dumb.
HS it's actually really funny every time you get matched w/ people at 1400 ELO. I understand your pain, but for the 1,000+ people on your stream, it's hilarious.

Asko

09-17-2010

Nothing wrong with being able to duo que with somebody...
The problem is people getting MASSIVE elo boosts when duo queing, resulting in very imbalanced teams every once in a while.

2Atlas

09-17-2010

Definitely remove duo queue. It's so dumb when a baddie get 1st pick and bans. It's also a disadvantage for the people that are actually solo queueing.

n3ffers

09-17-2010

Too many people qq.

Lofter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2010

I don't mind people duo queuing in normal games, they just want to have fun but it should be banned in ranked, it's unfair.

Asko

09-17-2010

Yea removed the concept of duo captain getting 1st pick regardless of elos or other players.
Let the player with highest elo be the captain always under all circumstances.

Berzul

09-17-2010

As far as the algorithm goes for matching random players into teams of 5, the game is still team based. Because of various nerfs/buffs, not hero can't beat the other team even heavily farmed. While having your own commitment to win is about 20-30% per player, Winning or losing shouldn't be only factor for Elo, which later makes matches with a huge difference in skill between players, but giving their team a equal 50% win...

12345 ... 8