Late August Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrutalGreen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei78 View Post
Eve is still under power.
its all good, rengar is a better troll pick atm

JONBOYJONBOY007

08-28-2012

nice work on eve

Plutoburns

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalarani View Post
most people agree leona has been underpowered for a long time and she remains perpetually ignored
IN response to the above, a well played leona is terrifying. Approach paired with insta stun, refreshing shield and a long range AOE stun. Does she do damage? Not really. But damn is she a big threat. I have been utterly crapped on by a good leona in bot lane. Her carry was getting all the kills to. And you want her to do good damage ON TOP of being a terrifying CC *****?

As for changes. I really like the Diana nerf. I tried her free week and holy **** was her crescent move OP. For the mana cost that thing hit like a truck at early levels. The carry changes are nice. Someday they will get Graves where they want him, doing huge burst damage early game and being a legitimate threat late game without having full carry status; something like urgot. Corki missiles did refill really fast, i think that change was the best thing they could have changed. Maybe its just me, but I always used mystic shot in lane. The mana cost was lighter and it was really rewarding landing it with all those minions around.

Im not gonna whine about buffs to my favorite jungler, but seriously, why do people think she is weak? Maybe the veterans are comparing new eve to old eve, but current eve is damn strong. Every time I jungle with Eve i am like a ganking machine, feeding my lanes kills and keeping the carries pinned down. She has great early sustained damage and mana sustain. Her passive lets her walk right into a side lane and hide in the bush cause minions cant see her. Later, her ult gives her good burst and teamfight sustain. She isn't good in all team comps, but if your team can fit an assassin style ganking jungler into their comp (fairly common) she is great.

Heres a tip. Always build Hextech Gunblade on her. The amount of health you get back from the spell vamp and lifesteal makes her a surprisingly tough duelist.

Mr Sexy Pants

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2012

I'm pretty satisfied with these changes, but one change I would love to see in the near future is a nerf on Lux's ult cooldown. Right now when capped out with CDR (which insanely easy to do any way you build her), her ult is around 24 seconds on cooldown. My best friend just uses it to farm creep waves to finish his build late game and still has it up for team fights. An ult is supposed to be used cautiously, but being able to blast out 900 damage to every enemy on the team with a half second delay at the beginning of a fight, then again at the end of a fight is just way too powerful. Her ult CD should be 50-60 seconds after cdr gear like most other champs. She has so much control and damage with her Q and E that she doesn't need a spammable ult as well.

Lux's only problem early on is her mana, but if you get chalice of harmony that's quickly resolved. That thing later turns into Athene's Unholy Grail and that turns Lux into a complete monster. It's the only CDR item she really needs since you can just grab blue buff and a potion from the shop to finish it off and extend the duration with masteries.

Coppermouth

08-28-2012

Are these changes patched in yet??

When does this patch go live? It's late August right now.

Xeinne

08-28-2012

i think the nerf on the abyssal scepter is too big, now i might consider removing it from my standard ap mid build for gragas and ahri since their range is a little bit more than that.

SilverRex

08-28-2012

That was the whole point about abyssal scepter, they wanted it used as more of a support item, rather then a full dps item.

Mr Sexy Pants

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeinne View Post
i think the nerf on the abyssal scepter is too big, now i might consider removing it from my standard ap mid build for gragas and ahri since their range is a little bit more than that.
Yeah, the abyssal scepter was more intended for close-range ap champs like Diana, Akali, Singed and even Karthus. It's still a really good pick for Ahri since you're always in and out of combat quickly. It's a great tank pick too since it gives MR and at the same time allows the AP to stand back deal more damage. Also, for those who play Galio this is the perfect item for him hands down.

Verliswolf

08-28-2012

I cant wait to see the actual notes when they are released. I hope Diana gets hit with the nerf bat so hard her in-game sprite gets a wheelchair.
Also Glad to hear they are nerfing CARRIES instead of supports, after Soraka and Janna got hit I feared for Taric to lose some power though he really deserves a buff.

Another note: DARIUS!!!!! When looking at innates his is still way to strong, he hits you with all his abilities and you are magically taking 500 extra damage at level 10, rework to apply bonus effects to his abilities instead of being 1/2 of his damage or just make it do a lot less, its simple math.

Vanilla Trubbs

Recruiter

08-28-2012

My god! The Diana nerf can NOT BE RELEASED SOON ENOUGH!!!

These changes re-balances look great! My request would be that while you design your next new champion, you keep in mind the fact that the vast majority of new champions are too strong on initial release. My inner skeptic can't help but wonder if this is to try to increase RP sales...

Regardless, I very much look forward to these new changes. Keep up the good work!