Late August Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

matfatiusman

08-27-2012

finally a change to diana she was too unreal could get feed afk

Aussterben

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2012

So when the patch notes are coming?

Zeratoth

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsylentFox View Post
While I knew how large the AOE on Abyssal Scepter was, I don't think that cutting the AOE in half without at *least* a reduction in price is in order. "Hey, I know that we've had this item for a loooonnnngggg time, and its a good choice for AP Carries who actually want to be able to survive the *other* AP carry's burst, but we only want it to be a niche item and built only by AP tanks. So we're cutting the AOE in half without doing anything else. Its still expensive, but who cares?"
^this. Riot, you made this mistake with the Xerath changes too.
What you intend is not the same as what the game needs/the players want.

The FireWater

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsylentFox View Post
While I knew how large the AOE on Abyssal Scepter was, I don't think that cutting the AOE in half without at *least* a reduction in price is in order. "Hey, I know that we've had this item for a loooonnnngggg time, and its a good choice for AP Carries who actually want to be able to survive the *other* AP carry's burst, but we only want it to be a niche item and built only by AP tanks. So we're cutting the AOE in half without doing anything else. Its still expensive, but who cares?"

Not a fan. Everything else though seems to work out pretty well, I always thought that Dianna was very strong from the beginning, and this will do more to bring her in line with other AP carries, although I think her sustained magic damage is a lot higher than other carries.
It all revolves around it being a 'niche item'.
Way too many APs are showing just how tanky they can be while still doing insane damage. They've been making alot of changes along the lines of lowering base damage but buffing ratios so certain AP carries are technically getting a buff, but can't do as much damage without building pure burst.

Most AP carries hit the point of 'should I build Abyss scepter, or Void Staff? Since they both offer some magic pen, but one is much more AP burst oriented, and the other offers more tankiness. This settles the question.

Abyss Scepter is still a great tank and aura item for AP tanks and support champs. Amumu, Mao, Galio, Taric, Soraka, Janna, whoever floats your boat. And it still gives enough power and Mpen effect to be useful on any AP who NEEDS to get close enough to risk retaliation. That includes AP bruisers such as Morde and Rumble, as well as Assassins such as Diana, Akali, and Kat who are required to get a bit too close. If you can safely burst the enemy from a distance, you should be building for damage and rely on positioning to keep yourself alive, same as an AD carry.

Caeruleus

08-27-2012

Overall, not a bad patch.

I don't really like the Abyssal nerf, but I can see why it was implemented. Abyssal is a must-have item for all APs these days. As someone who favors AP over AD, this sucks, but it allows for more AP variety.

I actually like the Diana nerfs. While I do play Diana, I admit that she is OP and these changes will keep her in the competitive realm.

Don't know enough about Eve to make a statement, but she really does need some love from what I've heard.

Regarding the AD carries, I offer the following:
---Corki: the increased cooldowns won't do enough in my opinion; he is still OP and really fun to play
---Ezreal: my favorite AD carry just got better (sort of); thank you Riot
---Graves: he was hit the hardest in my opinion; he still has a great kit though and will not disappear from competitive play anytime soon

LoEloPro

08-27-2012

Increase the base MR stats of AP tanks and leave Abyssal Scepter alone.
Besides, it seems you guys had Amumu and Diana in mind with the change.
Pretty certain amumu's bandage toss and diana's Q exceed the range.

jhonan gala

Recruiter

08-27-2012

I demand a rework for Leona, I play Lol for her and I'm sorry to see that between the tanks is the weakest, maybe will say that she is not weak but offset their damage with Nautilus or darius, has not compared very low attack and even lower her Ap.
I'm sorry to see that cheaper champions like Taric and Melfite have more states than her, please riot do something at least slightly reduce hers CDs.

jhonan gala

Recruiter

08-27-2012

I demand a rework for Leona, I play Lol for her and I'm sorry to see that between the tanks is the weakest, maybe will say that she is not weak but offset their damage with Nautilus or darius, has not compared very low attack and even lower her Ap.
I'm sorry to see that cheaper champions like Taric and Melfite have more states than her, please riot do something at least slightly reduce hers CDs.

Handballjack

08-28-2012

Dear @Phreak
During the patch preview, you stated that the reason you nerfed Ezreal's W base damage was to rebalance the skill for AD carry players. You also stated that you wanted to keep the AP and hybrid Ezreal players happy too so you buffed his W's AP ratio by 0.1 to 0.8. With this new change, one would need a minimum of 300 ability power to even take advantage of that 'rebalance'. 300 ability power would require around 3 higher tier items to acquire, equivalent to around 8k gold. 8k gold is normally achieved around 20 minutes of 'average' play and around 10-15 minutes of competitive play. For AP Ezreal, this nerf will hinder his early game, taking longer to reach 300 AP, therefore negating the 'rebalancing' tweak. If his AP ratio was buffed to 0.85 it would be perfect. It would slightly nerf his pre-200 AP gameplay but would boost his post-200 AP gameplay. In my opinion 200 AP or 6k gold is the perfect amount to 'rebalance' AP Ezreal. This would also go along with the Essence Flux nerf which was aimed at ADC builders as they won't be building AP to receive the bonus at 200 AP. In my opinion 300 AP just takes too long to get for the 'rebalancing' to even take effect.

Andrei78

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2012

Eve is still under power.