Late August Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DexterMorganBHB

08-25-2012

Just read that wall of pain for karthus is no longer going to be a slow but instead an armor magic resist reductions, 15/20/25/30/35% i believe is what it said.

i don't get the point in reducing Diana's health regen it only ads up to 2.5 second not much in the first place i certainly understand the nerf to crescent strike. but health regen is like wtf?

I'm also not sure why they are messing with Graves and Evelyn again so close to their last changes, plenty of other champions could use some updates why do more with these two again so soon.

KesslerCOIL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2012

Thanks for buffing Eve.
Now buff Twitch god damn it, you broke him you better damn well fix him

DexterMorganBHB

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagNZ View Post
Thanks for buffing Eve.
Now buff Twitch god damn it, you broke him you better damn well fix him

In some notes i read from a posting on another site regarding this video twitch's expunge is getting an early game buff, mid rank nerf, final rank same. and its mana cost is being reduced

KesslerCOIL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamat View Post
He's getting some too. Don't worry!
He needs more than some
from what ive seen in PBE he's just getting mana cost reduced on Expunge with slightly higher base damage on it at lower levels.... that really isnt enough to bring him in line with other carries.

KesslerCOIL

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterMorganBHB View Post
In some notes i read from a posting on another site regarding this video twitch's expunge is getting an early game buff, mid rank nerf, final rank same. and its mana cost is being reduced
That really isnt enough to make him viable in competitive play.

Nightdancer ND

08-25-2012

Why you aren't buffing the weak ADCs instead of nerfing the good ones?
I still don't see why I would play MF...

BloodraiderX

08-25-2012

Well made great job. thanks for the update =) GW2!!!

Raedien

08-25-2012

Not saying it's wrong, but I do think you took the most boring and easiest way to nerf Diana. Increasing her mana costs or CDs would've opened up more viable builds for her and forced people to think more about when/how to use her Q while still enjoying a great chunk of damage. Then again, I haven't actually seen the patch notes so maybe the ratio hit isn't that bad.

Al3x4ndar

08-25-2012

Funny thing you guys said Ezreal's Q has high mana costs. Right now it's 30/35/40/45/50 mana and you're changing it to 28/31/34/37/40. Not to mention cooldown on this is only 6/5.5/5/4.5/4 seconds. So what were you guys thinking making this abbility almost cost free on such a low cooldown? Lately he's the most picked carry and you're making him even stronger with infinite harass.

Since Q is main harassing spell for most carries, let'ss see their costs compared to Ezreal's:
- Corki: 80/90/100/110/120 mana, 8s cd
- Sivir: 70/80/90/100/110 mana, 9s cd
- Graves: 60/70/80/90/100 mana, 12/11/10/9/8s cd
- Varus: 70/75/80/85/90 mana, 16/14/12/10/8s cd
- Miss Fortune: 70/75/80/85/90 mana, 9/8/7/6/5s cd
- Caitlyn: 50/60/70/80/90 mana, 10/9/8/7/6s cd

So what's up with this Riot? Why buff already most picked carry? And how about those nerfs on Katarina in PBE? Give her 10 more base damage on Q but nerf ratios on both base damage and mark. Nerfing damage reduction on her E also. Why do you even think she needs nerfing?

JosephSurface

08-25-2012

Rengar feels weak when compared with other champs. His ultimate cooldown is way to long considering its utility. It's a jump that deals basic attack damage. It's really a fail if you think about what other characters have to offer. His slow wears off with time so its not really effective in stopping people unless you use a phage or frozen mallet. His Q and W are alright but there are Far better shields and attacks skill out there. My friends call him nerfed diana or retarded xin zhao. He cannot compete in the art of picking of targets like they do, neither does he have any decent gap closers.
His passive is supposed to offer him leaps and it does but the practice will show you how fairly easy it is to stay out of the range of the bushes if you know rengar is there. Having to rely on bush to leap on a target makes the character easy to counter and see through his plan and even if he leaps out of the bush, he wont have any gap closers to stay on you. There is the ult but wait. It has a long cooldown and its demage is laughable, so often you will find yourself to leap onto an enemy to deal a basic attack only to be stunned the moment you hit the ground. Riot totaly wet the bed making Rengar. I want my RP points back.