Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to counter yorick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jmaf

08-24-2012

So yorick even post nerf is still giving people trouble.Thought that I would list champs that give yorick trouble.

Cho'gath high sustain burns down his ghouls before they touch him with e can burst down yorick post 6 as well as out tank him.

Akali is another yes I know akali don't play her yada yada. hear me out yoricks ghost ai will not follow without vision. pre 5 drop shroud or go into brush when ghosts come to heal him..burst harass him but do not commit. From these small burst engages he will run out of mana first. Because you are an energy champion you will be able to outsustain the harass sustain king. Finish him off when he's low with an ignite qr spam..If you get chased around by ghost again drop shroud and just hide it out. Akali work great against yorick because yorick is frequently picked for protect the carry, akali is more then capable of shutting down the enemy adc or other threat

Nunu top: nunu is pretty simple harass him down and consume his red ghoul. You will still be able to shutdown the clone in teamfights nom nom works on that too.

Mordekaiser: heres a secret to yorick he can't handle tower pushes. morde does this task very well while having the shield to withstand the sustained harass. Morde can save his qwe to build shield off of yoricks ghouls.

Jayce:lol wut? jayce top vs yorick? Well here it is jayce is able to handle yorick as soon as jayce gets vamp scepter. Jayce's lightning field helps him fend off the ghouls. Jayce can also do a guerilla warfire type harass game similiar to how akali is advised to beat yorick. My jayce build vs yorick is blood thirster wits end (yes wits end yorick scales off ad but deals magic damage with the exception being his q) aegis GA LW.

Gunblade Warwick: hungering strike during trades to keep you up. call up for ganks when your jungler comes ult. I mention gunblade because of the rediculous sustain that it gives ww who is already famous for his sustain as is.

Rumble: Flamespitter> then ghouls nuff said. You probably will need spell vamp quints to make up for low early sustain.

Fiddlesticks: Not my favorite counter to him but drain gets the job done silence stops him from spamming ghouls but takes more timing less spamming. Crowstorm is just wayy too much dps for yorick to sponge.

Vlad: again natural aoe and ability to match his sustain will allow you to compete vlad is probably the lowest..Vlad has almost no kill potential when trading with yorick until he hits overdrive lvl 9. However he can push down yoricks tower and he is not a mana champ so like morde just knock it down. You might get lucky here and there with your ult combo post 6 if you are running ignite. Either way when csing save e to kill ghouls. Use common sense with pool..

Singed: this dude beats yorick because he pushes tower naturally kills ghouls and is too damn tanky for yorick to kill let alone catch..
Mechanics : high burst
gap closers
high sustain
natural aoe
heal debuffs
MR(most of his skills are magic idk why people keep building armor lol?)

oh almost forgot vs his ghost CC it if he ghosts anyone else kill yorick unless he built full tank. The ghost dies along with him then switch to carrys. Other options are resetting fight or ccing the ghost.

if you guys want more to deal with him then ask .

Eahkob

10-23-2012

im surprised this thread doesnt have a lot of replies considering that its true and not a lot of people know how to counter yorick

Warrrrax

10-23-2012

The thing to remember is that Yorick is a big block that doesnt do much. He is hard to lane against but his objective is to HOZE YOU, not to make himself strong.
lategame yorick just clones a fed champ, preferably the AD carry.

Yorick can not actually kill anyone either unless you flat out let him by duking it out with him and his 4 ghouls.

so all you have to do is ignore him and farm. Easier said that done but many champs have sustain and defensive options they can use. A gangplank can see enemy yorick and just level up his heal. 360health for 60 mana = OP. Sure his Q sucks but oh well. All he has to do is farm and be a bigger threat lategame. Ditto with Shen or Riven. Boost shield.
Other champs can get a vamp scepter and/or philo stone. Does that mess up your build? Sorry but staying on your build is NOT WORTH getting pushed out of lane by yorick all day long. Adapt and get lots of health regen from whatever source is appropriate.

As long as you dont stupidly feed him by trying to kill him or overextending and getting ganked you will likely be wayyy more useful endgame and midgame than yorick will be.

Jeanschyso

10-23-2012

to counter yorick, get a late game champ. Laning phase does not decide who wins a game, esp. not for top lane

Taoquitok

10-24-2012

Maokai is another good choice. Yorick is very spammy which goes along well with Maokai's passive, not to mention that when your jungle comes to gank you have maokai's immense CC to keep him in place.

Mr Ferpleton

10-24-2012

Haha. Whenever I see Yorick, I immediately lock in as nasus. Oh hey little creepy dead dude, thanks for that Q farm!

Warrrrax

10-24-2012

Quote:
Mr Ferpleton:
Haha. Whenever I see Yorick, I immediately lock in as nasus. Oh hey little creepy dead dude, thanks for that Q farm!

Dude, that doesn't work. First of all its a bit difficult to get the Q hit on the ghouls, and this requires you to face-tank them instead of running off. Hence you still wind up eating a lot of damage from them and Nasus lifesteal cant compensate.

Secondly, Nasus Q isnt amazing, even farmed. Even with 200 creep stats, all from his Q, thats a 600 damage Q (plus AD and some base damage). Its not exceptional. Especially for a champ that has no gapcloser.
I mean, Jayce hits a 3k champ for 600 with his E knockback, plus 1.0AD ratio, plus flat damage that might be removed/lessened.
a toplane Blitz(a rarity i know) with 250AD has a fast cooldown 500 damage knockup (650 with triforce).
Darius...well, he does lots of damage. ;-)

I do wish they would rework Nasus to be more viable and one way would be such that ALL kills farm his Q, not just those he Qs. That would make his AoE farming wayyyy better.
All these AP ratios need to be dealt with too.

t3hep1cf47m4n

10-24-2012

Jax Counters Yorick.