@riotnome provinggrounds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rumples

Senior Member

08-24-2012

Seems there's no proving ground forums so i threw this in here.

Have you guys considering allowing for additional game options here? For one I think it would be really cool if you could adjust the starting gold/gold gain. With this you could test out complete builds in a hurry, or simply make an aram last longer by reducing income. Turning off/adjusting the health pack power, turret life..etc would be nice too. Just some thoughts.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PandemoniumHeart

Senior Member

08-24-2012

Riot hasn't really made any direction in trying to give options for maps like that. There's nothing too particular about Proving Grounds than you couldn't do for SR, Dominion, or TT in customs in terms of options, other than it being a map without a serious game-mode.

I do think it'd be interesting to have options like this for fun though, but I don't think Riot sees much in such a venture.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InglouriousCobb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-24-2012

I hope at some point it is given its own queue, cause I end up using the IP limit pretty quickly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

naotasan

Senior Member

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglouriousCobb View Post
I hope at some point it is given its own queue, cause I end up using the IP limit pretty quickly.
If it gets its own queue, soon enough you'll see people begging for ranked PG. No thanks pls


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

Senior Member

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
If it gets its own queue, soon enough you'll see people begging for ranked PG. No thanks pls
That would be silly, but some days I'd really like to get my win of the day playing ARAMs ):


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InglouriousCobb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-25-2012

PG is just for fun so I wouldn't ever want a ranked queue for it, but having the custom game go random means tons of people who dodge constantly until they get a champion they like, why they don't just play it blind who knows. It would be nice to have a real all random that didn't have a good 10 dodges.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lbgsloan

Senior Member

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglouriousCobb View Post
PG is just for fun so I wouldn't ever want a ranked queue for it, but having the custom game go random means tons of people who dodge constantly until they get a champion they like, why they don't just play it blind who knows. It would be nice to have a real all random that didn't have a good 10 dodges.
I'd normally agree, except from my experiences on PG the outcome of games is ~80% teamcomp and 20% skill tops. They'd need to eliminate the AR aspect if it was going to work in the MM, otherwise people are still going to dodge dodge dodge when it's an obvious loss.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiddalee

Senior Member

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
I'd normally agree, except from my experiences on PG the outcome of games is ~80% teamcomp and 20% skill tops. They'd need to eliminate the AR aspect if it was going to work in the MM, otherwise people are still going to dodge dodge dodge when it's an obvious loss.
Proving Grounds already has all four pick options; it's not like going All Random is intrinsic to the map. It's whether enough people are interested in Draft Pick Proving Grounds to queue for it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Canada SUCKS BAD

Junior Member

08-25-2012

HEYYYY KIDS!!! A SHTTY BOOBS A SHTTY BOOBS A SHTTY BOOBS A SHTTY BOOBS A SHTTY BOOBS A SHTTY BOOB IT NEVER ENDS! JUST LIKE THE GREAT CANADIAN WAR! IF YOU HATE NAZIS AND WAR AND ADOLF HITLER AND NAZI-DICTATOR GOVERNMENTS AND VIOLENT ANGRY PEOPLE AND UNFRIENDLY ATMOSPHERES, THEN AVOID CANADA. IN FACT, I WOULD GO STRAIGHT TO FRANCE!

1168 ARENA ROAD, UNIT 130, MISSISSAUGA/NAZISSAUGA, CANADA, L4Y4K7. THIS IS WHERE LALAINE GUERREIRO LIVES. GO MURDER HER IF YOU WANT, IT WOULD PROBABLY END UP LIBERATING CANADA FROM THE NAZII CURSE...

-Mitte


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InglouriousCobb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
I'd normally agree, except from my experiences on PG the outcome of games is ~80% teamcomp and 20% skill tops. They'd need to eliminate the AR aspect if it was going to work in the MM, otherwise people are still going to dodge dodge dodge when it's an obvious loss.
They could hopefully give both a blind and a AR option when going into the queue, even a draft option though I am not sure how popular that would be. Having a dodge penalty could help a little for both options. Mostly I would just love to not have a limit on the IP received :P