Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Guide on how to recover your account and prevent ddos

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brax10

08-24-2012

Hello i've recently been hacked as well as many others and here's a quick guide on how to recover your account.
1. At the top of this website click support.
2. Register an account with your email address that you used to create the account with.
3. Submit a request and fill out all the required information. Make sure you include these key factors inside the description as well - Account Name (The Name you log in to the LoL Client with):
- Summoner Name (The name your friends see in-game):
- The server you play on (NA, EU-West or EU-Nordic/East):
- Creation date of the account:
- Location that you registered the account from:
- Last IP address used to play League of Legends (http://www.whatismyip.com/):
- The email address used to originally register your account:
- Any other email addresses used on the account since its creation:
4. If this is your first request it shouldnt take too long, if you've already made requests in the past then you will be put into a different queue that may take longer than 1-2 days.

this hacker that can be seen here, http://www.twitch.tv/fragnat1cg/b/329730196 as far as i know, has his hands on multiple high elo accounts, such as judy monica, brax10, invertedcomposer. Here's how to fix the ddos issue.
1. Call your isp and explain your situation. They should change your ip immediately.
2. Never use the skype that the hacker knows. You have to create a new skype.
3. If you really need your skype then a vpn can be used but i do not have the knowledge on how to do so.

Please refrain from childish comments. I'm posting this because i know a large amount of people have lost their accounts and i do not have ways to contact most of these people. I'm hoping the GD community can actually be productive and keep this thread alive to hopefully save another player's account.

Pinkuu

08-24-2012

Bump

sux

08-24-2012

Informative post, +1 and bumped for you. Thanks for taking the time to explain this.
Good luck to anyone who finds themselves in this situation.

blackdtown

08-24-2012

I'm sorry, but can anyone explain to me exactly how a DDoS can cause someone to get your login credentials? This must be one part of IT that I skipped class on.

A DDoS shuts down your system. I think if they got your info it was using some other method- for example a KeyLogger. You might need to do a quick wipe/scan of your PC.

EDIT: And I hate to be a Deibbie Downer here, but nothing there actually states how to prevent a DDoS.

pentaRifts

08-24-2012

+

Sipsi

08-24-2012

Quote:
Brax10:

this hacker that can be seen here, http://www.twitch.tv/fragnat1cg/b/329730196 as far as i know, has his hands on multiple high elo accounts, such as judy monica, brax10,

Such as.....You?

Brax10

08-24-2012

@blackdtown he contacted quite a few people through skype. being able to add someone through skype somehow gives them enough information. it's a common problem with all streamers which is why they all hide their skype information

Brax10

08-24-2012

this is my voice from a vod from my own streaming channel http://www.twitch.tv/braxton911/b/313065953
my skype name is also not "brax brax" he created that after stealing my account

Eccentricity

08-24-2012

Quote:
FlamesOfLance:
Such as.....You?

First sentence of the post......

blackdtown

08-24-2012

Quote:
Brax10:
@blackdtown he contacted quite a few people through skype. being able to add someone through skype somehow gives them enough information. it's a common problem with all streamers which is why they all hide their skype information

So basically he's "brute forcing" his way into your account. This falls within general internet privacy and security guidelines.

Most people have their social network accounts linked (yes, Skype is a social networking platform). If they get that, they can look you up on Twitter/FB/etc and gather personal info about you. Once they have that and your username, they can use your personal info to "guess" your password.

To help offset this, always have a strong password, and be careful of what you post online. This USUALLY stops "hackers" in their tracks.

If they use more sophisticated methods to get your info you have a much bigger problem. You should make sure that your OS is always updated, as well as your PC Security suite. Also routinely scan your PC for viruses, malware, etc. If you have a firewall, make sure it's properly configured.

EDIT: I know the internet can be fascinating but you have to remember that it's still dangerous. Always be making sure you're protected and always be weary of who you interact with, if possible.