Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Making the game more enjoyable

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elithraldoro0

08-24-2012

First off I want to say that i am sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. Forgive me. I believe that there are numerous ways to make the game even better than it already is. One of the ways me and my friends thought about was to allow players to choose which lanes/jungle they want before ever entering a lobby with other players. I feel like this would lower the amount of angry people playing. Players would also be able to play the position they feel most comfortable in. Players should be able to choose multiple roles they could play as well. For example, I could say that i want to be a mid/top lane. I should be paired with other players who want to play the other roles. I understand that players should be skilled in all roles, but there are times when players just want to play the role they like the best. It makes sense that someone playing a game would want to play it the way they choose to. I am not saying this would fix an outstanding number of problems, but i do know it would make the game more enjoyable for many people. It would also help LoL compete with Dota 2 once it is released.

The Best Olaf NA

08-25-2012

Quote:
Elithraldoro0:
First off I want to say that i am sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. Forgive me. I believe that there are numerous ways to make the game even better than it already is. One of the ways me and my friends thought about was to allow players to choose which lanes/jungle they want before ever entering a lobby with other players. I feel like this would lower the amount of angry people playing. Players would also be able to play the position they feel most comfortable in. Players should be able to choose multiple roles they could play as well. For example, I could say that i want to be a mid/top lane. I should be paired with other players who want to play the other roles. I understand that players should be skilled in all roles, but there are times when players just want to play the role they like the best. It makes sense that someone playing a game would want to play it the way they choose to. I am not saying this would fix an outstanding number of problems, but i do know it would make the game more enjoyable for many people. It would also help LoL compete with Dota 2 once it is released.

to everyone that thinks this is a good idea, just gonna say no.

Here's the reason why it will never be implemented at least not in the way you describe:

See dota and dota 2 both don't have this type of system you know why? Because the developers don't enforce a certain type of thinking. By putting in a system with these specifications riot is forcing the players to have a certain mindset. By making the players abide by the current meta-game it stops any new opportunities for a better or refinement to our current meta-game. So instead of making a system in which the players are forced or choose a role. Any sort of way to implement a WoW raid type of thing is impossible based on the fact that riot cannot force a meta on the players thats just how it is. Even with the champion tags it still doesn't work because they are forcing a mindset. IE kog maw, hes seen as mostly an ad carry however he is just as viable as an ap carry so the champ tags for him don't work. Let's say they did implement this. They would need to change it every single patch because just about every single patch many champs are labeled at not viable and viable at the same time.

tl;dr riot can't enforce a meta thats what matchmaking lobby is for and thats why you have so long to do that type of stuff in pre-game lobby.

Vanilla Trubbs

Recruiter

08-25-2012

Quote:
unfitg0d0fwar:
to everyone that thinks this is a good idea, just gonna say no.

Here's the reason why it will never be implemented at least not in the way you describe:

See dota and dota 2 both don't have this type of system you know why? Because the developers don't enforce a certain type of thinking. By putting in a system with these specifications riot is forcing the players to have a certain mindset. By making the players abide by the current meta-game it stops any new opportunities for a better or refinement to our current meta-game. So instead of making a system in which the players are forced or choose a role. Any sort of way to implement a wow raid type of thing is impossible based on the fact that riot cannot force a meta on the players thats just how it is. Even with the champion tags it still doesn't work because they are forcing a mindset. Ie kog maw, hes seen as mostly an ad carry however he is just as viable as an ap carry so the champ tags for him don't work. Let's say they did implement this. They would need to change it every single patch because just about every single patch many champs are labeled at not viable and viable at the same time.

Tl;dr riot can't enforce a meta thats what matchmaking lobby is for and thats why you have so long to do that type of stuff in pre-game lobby.

OR, YoU COULD MAKE THE FEATUrE OPTIONAL